Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Any "Stone Cold Blue" FXR2's out there?  (Read 25918 times)

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2
Re: Any "Stone Cold Blue" FXR2's out there?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 10:00:27 AM »

Here is some more pictures

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 10:06:12 AM »

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 10:10:21 AM »

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »

elvislee

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 10:24:17 AM »

Hey Pete...I noticed on the showroom floor pics your bike has Forward Controls. Does it still have FC's and di ya get the mid pegs, stock brake pedal, and stock shift linkage? Curious minds like ta know  ;D       Semper Fi Sean  (Florida Marine)

Update :duhk:   OK I see the mid pegs on the bike now   ::)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:28:53 AM by elvislee »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »

I can't get a picture that picks up the true color of the bike. My pictures always make the bike look more blue than it actually is.

Pete~~~~

Thanks for sharing your photos....they are going into my FXR2's FXR3's and FXR4's photo file......very nice photos....

As for your question above.....your point is exactly as my point way back up there somewhere lol up above when I was speaking about the color of Stone Cold Blue.....there is a lot more "red" in the color than you first realize making the bike appear much more "violet" than a "royal blue/purple" that you would think of  when seeing a description like "Stone Cold Blue"......There isn't anything you can do, for some reason all digital cameras when seeing a color such as above, the digital cameras I am aware of seem to do their own thing.....but then again....it's no different than the "Minnesota Vikings" their purple is always slightly different in person than on TV as well....in fact I would say the color of your bike is the same "tint" of purple as what the LA Lakers "purple is along with the Vikings which would be great comparisons.....more of a "violet"
....ok I have  :beatdeadhorse: this topic enough....lol.

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »

I can't get a picture that picks up the true color of the bike. My pictures always make the bike look more blue than it actually is.

Pete~~~~

Thanks for sharing your photos....they are going into my FXR2's FXR3's and FXR4's photo file......very nice photos....

As for your question above.....your point is exactly as my point way back up there somewhere lol up above when I was speaking about the color of Stone Cold Blue.....there is a lot more "red" in the color than you first realize making the bike appear much more "violet" than a "royal blue/purple" that you would think of  when seeing a description like "Stone Cold Blue"......There isn't anything you can do, for some reason all digital cameras when seeing a color such as above, the digital cameras I am aware of seem to do their own thing.....but then again....it's no different than the "Minnesota Vikings" their purple is always slightly different in person than on TV as well....in fact I would say the color of your bike is the same "tint" of purple as what the LA Lakers "purple is along with the Vikings which would be great comparisons.....more of a "violet"
....ok I have  :beatdeadhorse: this topic enough....lol.

Regards,

Tim

If it's like other CVO paint, you gotta catch it in good sunlight to get all the different shades out of it, depending on at what angle the sun hits it. Should be able to pickup the purplish that way. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »

If it's like other CVO paint, you gotta catch it in good sunlight to get all the different shades out of it, depending on at what angle the sun hits it. Should be able to pickup the purplish that way. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Someone mentioned red Krylon.  It'd be a solution to all this angst and worry. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »

Someone mentioned red Krylon.  It'd be a solution to all this angst and worry. 

Is that how you got everything to match on your red bikes? :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 01:16:53 PM »

Is that how you got everything to match on your red bikes? :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Damn right.  Have on cabinet in the garage filled with Mobil 1, Redline, ATF (for primary), and cans and cans of red Krylon.  The dog knows not to set too still if close to that cabinet.  Her little butt will end up red too.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »

Damn right.  Have on cabinet in the garage filled with Mobil 1, Redline, ATF (for primary), and cans and cans of red Krylon.  The dog knows not to set too still if close to that cabinet.  Her little butt will end up red too.

HeHe!!! Red Butt Mutt!!! ;D ;D ;D

Well, I actually have a lil red in all my bikes. Ya just can't see it. It's red inside the tranny! ::) :D :D :D

Actually a lil red outside too. I see that red all the time! It's the Redline on my tach!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »

HeHe!!! Red Butt Mutt!!! ;D ;D ;D

Well, I actually have a lil red in all my bikes. Ya just can't see it. It's red inside the tranny! ::) :D :D :D

Actually a lil red outside too. I see that red all the time! It's the Redline on my tach!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

And every once in awhile a little red behind you.  The red lights of the Maine state police :oops: :huepfenlol2: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 01:45:03 PM »

And every once in awhile a little red behind you.  The red lights of the Maine state police :oops: :huepfenlol2: .

Damn!!! Always like to forget that red!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 01:57:55 PM »

Damn!!! Always like to forget that red!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)

Sorry man.  Sometimes cheap shots are just funny though. :drink:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »

Sorry man.  Sometimes cheap shots are just funny though. :drink:

Funny, maybe. But they bring back some bad memories too! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ::) ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.