Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: final drive question  (Read 1893 times)

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
final drive question
« on: June 14, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »

According to the factory bible, my FXR4 has a 32t trans spocket a 70t rear sprocket and a 133 tooth belt, which of course it doesn't, it has a 29t trans and a 65t rear, with a 133 tooth belt. The trans sprocket needs replacing. I am going to buy a 32 tooth for two reasons. The speedometer and odometer have always been wrong, (5 mph fast at 60 mph and 1 tenth over on every mile) and I would like to have a little lower rpm on the hiway. So, does anyone know if I can use a 133 tooth belt or what belt I would need to use....? With the current setup, the axcel is right at 1/2 way in the swingarm slot. thanks

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: final drive question
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »

According to the factory bible, my FXR4 has a 32t trans spocket a 70t rear sprocket and a 133 tooth belt, which of course it doesn't, it has a 29t trans and a 65t rear, with a 133 tooth belt. The trans sprocket needs replacing. I am going to buy a 32 tooth for two reasons. The speedometer and odometer have always been wrong, (5 mph fast at 60 mph and 1 tenth over on every mile) and I would like to have a little lower rpm on the hiway. So, does anyone know if I can use a 133 tooth belt or what belt I would need to use....? With the current setup, the axcel is right at 1/2 way in the swingarm slot. thanks

The FXR4 Owners Manaual and Parts Catalog both say 32T and 65T.  The FXR2,3 Service manaul have 32T 70T.

How do you know that the tranny sprocket is 29T?

Thanks
Any day on the bike is a good day.

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: final drive question
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »

Yeah I don't doubt at all what the owners manual or parts manual say, and the FXR2/3 service manual shows a 32 and 70t setup in section 6-1. The FXR4 supplement service book says nothing about final drive except refer to FXR2/3 manual. I have marked and counted teeth on both the trans and rear pulleys several times. With the rear tire jacked up and a shop light you can see the trans pulley. There is no doubt it is a 29 tooth pulley, and I have a 133t belt. The rear pulley is fine but the trans pulley is bad, and so is the belt, at 22500 miles. I  am thinking with a 32 tooth pulley I will be happier with hi way rpm and it will most likely take care of the speedometer issue also. I just need to know what belt to buy. thanks

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.