Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Exhaust Options?  (Read 12318 times)

harleymike77

Re: Exhaust Options?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »

What about a TTS  V-Tune??
Yes, the TTS was a 3rd option.  Forgot to mention it.  I think it will be a toss up between the 3.  I'll have to talk to my Tuner once the bike comes in...

harleymike77

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 09:14:09 AM »

Those Kurakyn Crusher slip-ons are UGLY, They look like something for a Vulcan or whatever the name of those Jap Bikes are. The OE Slip-ons on the bike are good looking and so are the end caps, shame to replace them with the Cheap looking Crushers.

Didn't realize they were FUGLY.  I only heard them on a You Tube video, and they sounded pretty nice.  Like I mentioned in the original thread, I like the looks of the stock pipes.  I am leaning towards a Fullsac baffle replacement.  Steve is currently checking into it.  I would have to decide between the 1.75" and the 2"..........  add a Fuel Management system - a good tune - and I'll be ready to go..... :pepper:

e4seter

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »

I have a deposit on a Spiced Rum that's in the crate waiting for all the details to be worked out.

I plan to add a SERT, SE Air Cleaner and have the bike dyno tuned. I'm having some difficulty finding slip-ons that will work with this bike. The stock exhaust is 4" in diameter, most slip-ons are 3-1/2". Even the Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Touring Mufflers (part #80732-09) won't work...see the statement from the P&A website below:

Fits 50-state '09-later Touring models (except FLHTCUSE, FLTRSE, FLHXSE and '10 FLHX and FLTRX). Installation requires separate purchase of Muffler Clamps P/N 65296-95A (Qty. 2). Requires separate purchase of two End Caps.

I don't know what the issue is. Something in the muffler clamps? something technical? I'm stumped.

I'd like to change the pipes before dyno tuning, so I'm turning to you guys for insight, advice and counsel.

I don't want to change the headpipes, just the mufflers. True dual systems are expensive and often too loud for my taste.

Here is a link to the 2010 changes.  There is a new exhaust clamp with a gasket.

http://www.box.net/shared/iybmzege5e

aero8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »

This technical info is very interesting, but the link does not work. :confused5:
Maybe someone can post this technical sheets again?

THANK YOU! :) :)

Aero8

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »

Here's the error message you get when you download the pdf file...

Adobe Reader could not open '2010 Model Year Technical Forum.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.