Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Pics of a Spiced Rum  (Read 11359 times)

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Pics of a Spiced Rum
« on: August 02, 2009, 01:48:10 AM »

This is from 7-31-09.

Instead of uploading all the photos you can check them out on my photo link:

http://toppers-pictures.smugmug.com/Motorcycle%20Stuff/847987

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
Re: Pics of a Spiced Rum
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:36:51 AM »

Maybe that color is not as bad as i first thought, but think they went overboard on the flames.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

harleymike77

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 07:20:30 PM »

This is from 7-31-09.

Instead of uploading all the photos you can check them out on my photo link:

http://toppers-pictures.smugmug.com/Motorcycle%20Stuff/847987

Topper

WOW!!!!!  Thanks 49445CVO for taking the time to post all these pics!  By far the BEST shots I have seen.  I have this exact bike on order, and my Dealer here will not have any until the end of this month.  I appreciate you taking the time to post these!

Mike

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 07:39:16 PM »

WOW!!!!!  Thanks 49445CVO for taking the time to post all these pics!  By far the BEST shots I have seen.  I have this exact bike on order, and my Dealer here will not have any until the end of this month.  I appreciate you taking the time to post these!

Mike

No problem and glad I could help

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 10:11:31 AM »

great shots, I noticed the new SG has the 110 derby, but the Ultra does not? :nixweiss:...anyone else notice that?
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Rum
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »

I traded my 2008 Goldwing for a 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum. Why? A picture is worth a thousand words and that's only $30.99 a word.
The paint color is really: Cabernet Sauvagnon.
“They don’t know that we know they know we know.”

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »

Here's a rear view:

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 01:25:26 PM »

Side view. Ride only with proper clothing. note: tuxedo required.

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:18 AM »

VERY sweet looking ride!  :2vrolijk_21: I do like this color, not to mention that spiced rum is my beverage of choice. (not really moved by either of the other '10 SESG colors, though).  I guess my only "complaint" is that the maybe naming motorcycle colors after alcoholic beverages does not send such a good message?
 ::)

harleymike77

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »

I traded my 2008 Goldwing for a 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum. Why? A picture is worth a thousand words and that's only $30.99 a word.
The paint color is really: Cabernet Sauvagnon.

Hey congrats 2010FLHXSE!  Nice choice  :2vrolijk_21:.  I have the exact same bike on order - in Cabernet Sauvagnon  :o........ Just curious how your exhaust sounds?  Did you do any aftermarket stuff with the exhaust, or did you leave it stock?  Thanks,

Mike

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 09:02:20 PM »

Hey congrats 2010FLHXSE!  Nice choice  :2vrolijk_21:.  I have the exact same bike on order - in Cabernet Sauvagnon  :o........ Just curious how your exhaust sounds?  Did you do any aftermarket stuff with the exhaust, or did you leave it stock?  Thanks,

Mike

Mike,
I was down at my dealer checking out my SESG and started it up when they brought it outside for me.  In my opinion, if you like a nice quiet Harley, you'll love the stock pipes.  They are probably the most anemic sounding pipes I've ever heard, even worse than the stock cans sounded on my 07 SEUC...I'm planning on leaving the header pipes, yes even with the cat, and putting slippons on, hope to find a decent set of 4" ones, just to give it some "growl".  Doesn't need to be very loud, just unmistakeably Harley...

:devil:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:06:14 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

harleymike77

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 05:28:51 AM »

Mike,
I was down at my dealer checking out my SESG and started it up when they brought it outside for me.  In my opinion, if you like a nice quiet Harley, you'll love the stock pipes.  They are probably the most anemic sounding pipes I've ever heard, even worse than the stock cans sounded on my 07 SEUC...I'm planning on leaving the header pipes, yes even with the cat, and putting slippons on, hope to find a decent set of 4" ones, just to give it some "growl".  Doesn't need to be very loud, just unmistakeably Harley...

Thanks for the info RedDevil.  I appreciate the feedback!  I'm in the exact same boat.  I'm not really into a nice "quite" Harley.  Still like that deep throaty rumble.  I also plan on leaving the header pipes (and with the cat).  I've been checking out slip-ons myself, and am yet to find anything.  I did send an inquiry to Steve at Fulsac about replacing the baffles, and he is looking into it.  I know there are a few of us on this board with this exact same dilema.  PLEASE let us know, and even PM me if you find some decent slip-ons!  And hey, congrats on your new ride  :2vrolijk_21:  AWESOME CHOICE..............

Cardboard Joe

• I'm special, my mom said so....
  • I fix the Rice to afford my CVO

• CVO1: 2001 SERG
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 06:46:38 AM »

Were you snappin those while the wife and I were downstairs looking at the RG?
It'll work, or it won't.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 12:30:54 PM »

Were you snappin those while the wife and I were downstairs looking at the RG?

Yeah I was.  Sorry if I got in the way.LOL! I have been told that the SESG sold when it came in. I have not been there since but I am sure the the SEUC will not stay long either.  I was suprised that they had 2 SERG O/B hang around.

Topper

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:18 PM »

exhaust sounds? Mellow and nice. When you pull on it you can hear the 110 power. Bike comes with a nice set up: SE air intake and 4" mufflers. I think if you tour more State to State then Bar to Bar you might not want load pipes and you might want to hear the great Radio and CD.

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »

Thanks for the info RedDevil.  I appreciate the feedback!  I'm in the exact same boat.  I'm not really into a nice "quite" Harley.  Still like that deep throaty rumble.  I also plan on leaving the header pipes (and with the cat).  I've been checking out slip-ons myself, and am yet to find anything.  I did send an inquiry to Steve at Fulsac about replacing the baffles, and he is looking into it.  I know there are a few of us on this board with this exact same dilema.  PLEASE let us know, and even PM me if you find some decent slip-ons!  And hey, congrats on your new ride  :2vrolijk_21:  AWESOME CHOICE..............

When I first picked up my '08 SERK, I thought the same thing - the pipes were a little too quiet.  However, after breaking in the engine the exhaust sounds nice and quiet at idle and around-town speeds but when I crack the throttle out on the highway, the sound blossoms into a really nice basso profundo.  Not overly loud but very deep.  God, I love that sound!   :bananarock:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 04:12:03 PM »

Picking my SESG up tomorrow afternoon.  Dealer is looking at what 4" cans are available out there...I know Bassani makes one and so does Sampson, but I fear both of them might be too loud for me. (but then again with the cat in collector now, that might quiet things down some on it's own and they may be bearable.)  I'd like to hear what the new Bub Stealth mufflers sound like...they are 4" also...but I may drive off with the stock mufflers tomorrow and just wait and see what comes out. 

2012 FLHXSE3

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 04:37:43 PM »

Picking my SESG up tomorrow afternoon.  Dealer is looking at what 4" cans are available out there...I know Bassani makes one and so does Sampson, but I fear both of them might be too loud for me. (but then again with the cat in collector now, that might quiet things down some on it's own and they may be bearable.)  I'd like to hear what the new Bub Stealth mufflers sound like...they are 4" also...but I may drive off with the stock mufflers tomorrow and just wait and see what comes out. 

I listened to one just now and it doesn't have a 'Harley' sound, if you know what I mean.....it just sounds 'restricted'.  But, you could hear all the engine sounds very good with the mufflers that quite.  ??? spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 12:39:09 AM »

I listened to one just now and it doesn't have a 'Harley' sound, if you know what I mean.....it just sounds 'restricted'.  But, you could hear all the engine sounds very good with the mufflers that quite.  ??? spyder
You're right...I fired mine up when they brought it outside for me and those are the most anemic sounding pipes I've ever heard.  I don't anticipate keeping the stock mufflers on very long, if at all....

2012 FLHXSE3

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »

heres a couple pictures with lowers and a tour pak.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 11:41:10 PM »

another
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.