Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who has put on one of the Stabilizers and has it helped wobble?  (Read 2324 times)

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
Who has put on one of the Stabilizers and has it helped wobble?
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »

I know this has probably been beat to death here in the past, but I wanted to know if the True Track or copies help with the high speed wobble on Electra Glides.

Regards
SHRADER
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Who has put on one of the Stabilizers and has it helped wobble?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:39:19 PM »

I know this has probably been beat to death here in the past, but I wanted to know if the True Track or copies help with the high speed wobble on Electra Glides.

Regards
SHRADER

Look who is back?  Hope this means you're back in the saddle too.

The answer on the effectiveness of the stabilizers has been yes, no or maybe.  Some have seen improvement, some have not and some just weren't sure.  Some were used almost as a prophylactic also.  Didn't have a problem to begin with but were put on to either keep it from happening or to potentially slow down swingarm bushing/bearing wear.  Lots of ideas thrown out.  Unqualified answer, however, was a definite maybe. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »

Regards
SHRADER

Holy chit! Look who's postin! Was hoping to see ya at Randy's a few weeks ago. Carl stopped in, and I was hoping to meet you too, not just your bike! ;)

I have a TrueTrack on my '07. While it helps some, the bike still gets wobbly sometimes. Frame QC, neck bearings, alignment, so many factors contribute to it that 1 extra stabilizer can't cure it all. It's supposed to cure rear wheel steer if that's what's causing your wobble. And that it might too. But what if that's NOT the cause of the wobble? Wobbling FL's are the toughest thing to fix! I'm thinking of adding the TriGlide steering damper. Check it out on the TriGlide in Randy's garage (if it's still in there). That might help things too, albeit a lil pricey! :nixweiss:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 01:47:25 PM »

Yeah been riding a little bit this year. Otis has probably put more miles on my bike than I have though. The Shxxhead did not tell me anybody was coming this way or I would have come over to the HBRR compound to visit.

Regards
SHRADER
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 04:02:59 PM »

Yeah been riding a little bit this year. Otis has probably put more miles on my bike than I have though. The Shxxhead did not tell me anybody was coming this way or I would have come over to the HBRR compound to visit.

Regards
SHRADER
:jack:
Well I'll be damn... look who we have here. About time you got back in here (posting) and more then being here you're back to riding your bike. Don't want people to start giving you chit (like they do me) about not riding. ;) ;D :D Good to see you back here. :jack:

Now back on topic... I have a Tru-Track that I purchased during a group buy at a price that I couldn't refuse but haven't installed it yet. Was about to when I started reading about checking so many other things (tire pressure, shock pressure, etc, etc) that I started watching and maintaining those, and as Howie mentioned sometimes they make a difference and sometimes they don't. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »

:jack:
Well I'll be damn... look who we have here. About time you got back in here (posting) and more then being here you're back to riding your bike. Don't want people to start giving you chit (like they do me) about not riding. ;) ;D :D Good to see you back here. :jack:

Now back on topic... I have a Tru-Track that I purchased during a group buy at a price that I couldn't refuse but haven't installed it yet. Was about to when I started reading about checking so many other things (tire pressure, shock pressure, etc, etc) that I started watching and maintaining those, and as Howie mentioned sometimes they make a difference and sometimes they don't. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

hehe...like I said...high in the low 40's and low's in the upper 20's.....    :huepfenjump3:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »

hehe...like I said...high in the low 40's and low's in the upper 20's.....    :huepfenjump3:
Hehehehehe.... No since wasting your talents on little projects like that. Plus I don't ride any faster then my angels can fly and they are getting old, tired, and have been used and abuse... sorta like me. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »

I installed the Tru-Track and can't really say it made that much of a difference.  Still get high speed wobble in curves.  FWIW.

Regards, Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 10:02:29 PM »

Dont know if its front end wobble,  but above 70,  its hard to track it on one side of the road crown.  She keeps moving over the crown to the other side and back.. Very annoying!!!!

Scott

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 11:14:58 PM »

I installed the Bagger Brace.  It seems to have helped especially in cross winds or when passing at 65mph and above. 

The bike is more solid now - the wind used to move me all over the road.  There is some vibration I feel in my left floorboard that was not there before but from reading on different sites/reviews of the product it is not uncommon.  No clearance issues with the brace. 

The biggest improvement for me in ride quality and confidence were the Bitubos - it has taken me a while to get them dialed in(had some great help from the folks on this site :2vrolijk_21:) and also to get used to them.  What a Difference they make, the more I ride especially on old roads I rode on with stock shocks I see and feel the difference.  I got the Metzlers this past spring and really like the tires also.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 21 queries.