Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG  (Read 29596 times)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:50:52 PM »

List all your issues here with your SESG so we all can discover the issues and fixes. Looking through all the topics throughout the broad I found these issues so far.... gap with seat and tank, fogged headlight, rattling fuel door, a loose bolt or nut here and there, clutch not working properly, noise in primary, some have heat issues-some don't. Anyone else have something different or the fixes for these? These seem like very minor issues so far...Maybe the Motor Co. finally got most of the bugs worked out of these 110's and this could be the best CVO to date! Seems like everybody is very satisfied so far.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 11:30:46 PM »

I have the seat issue, but haven't discussed it with the dealer. New headlight on order to replace the fogged one, and I had a very minor flaw in the lens on the right rear turn signal / brake light led. Dealer caught that before delivery. That's it. Did fullsac 2.0" w/ cat removed and a SERT...no heat issues.

Mine runs and looks great. Couldn't be happier.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 02:25:52 AM »

I had an issue with the clutch before I even got it home (200 miles).  Bled the clutch and it shifts fine, now.  As a matter of fact, it shifts very, very smoothly.

No heat issues, no other issues. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 07:01:38 AM »

Seat Gap
Clutch
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 01:07:43 PM »

Had the seat gap problem, fixed by the dealer.
Had a very small chip on the corner of the outer fairing....dealer discovered during setup and replace it for me.
Had a flaw in the paint on the inner fairing that couldn't be buffed out, dealer replaced it when they replaced the outer fairing.

Replaced the stock mufflers with Vance and Hines basic slippons and had the AFR brought down with the SE Super tuner, no heat issues whatsoever.  Bike runs very strong...I love it!!!!

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »

Mine so far are:

1.0 SADDLEBAGS

1.1 The rear portion of the saddlebags seem to have a gel coat run (vertical) down the bag that wasn't caught before it was painted and clear coated. You have to look for it but it's there.

1.2 It seems that the inside of the bags were not given as much attention to a finished product as the outside portions--not as much paint clearcoat or prep work was done.

2.0 FRONT FAIRING--The gasket seals between the inner and outer portions may either be too short or not attached with some sort of adhesive. I noticed that the gaskets were coming loose from the bottom upward due to the wind when riding. So I tried to reseat them without removing the front fairing first but ended up doing it anyway to try and ensure that the gaskets were in the proper postion. It didn't work so I am procrastinating on removing the fairing again without a more permanent solution in hand.  Maybe ordering another set of gaskets will produce a set that is longer and will tuck into the fairing bottom more.

3.0 RADIO SPEAKERS-- Like several other new owners, the left speaker (small white connector) seems to be loosely installed or not connected at all during the assembly process. This prevents the speaker for working at all until you R&R the outer fron faring and plug it in properly again.

4.0 LOOSE NUTS AND BOLTS--There are several reports of bolts and nuts not being tightened to spec. I have started the process of using the service manual and going over the entire bike one section at a time until it is complete.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:51:06 PM by CVOStreetglide »

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 03:53:20 PM »

No issues so far

2010spicedrum

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »

So far I have clutch bled and now works great. Right rear shock leaked out all the oil out on garage floor, that's on back order for the last month. Now I have left front fork leaking oil. Small screws holding saddle bag latch on are loose and some had fell out before I noticed them. It does get hot quickly in traffic. I'm currently doing the fullsac stage1. Small things that will be fixed easily. Love the bike, rides great. I can't wait to get exhaust finished. 

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 03:53:06 PM »

I have to say the more I drive this bike the more I like it. The 110 is so smoooth... really a great Harley, I bought the bike for a lot of reasons the engine not the number one as I was relatively happy with a stage one 88 and feel like I got something for free. Couldn't be happier.

Clutch - yes, bled and fixed..
Fogged light lens - yes and replaced - I put in a set of "Bright Lights" not bad but will have to concider a second set of eyes sometime  over the winter (which in northern New England is coming fast I'm sorry to say).
Worst complaint and I mean this is big and its already been replaced is the rattle in the fuel door button - I'm riding with a piece of scotch tape over the thing!
You guys ready for how bad this can be - my temperature gauge is about 2 degrees off center.. I'm dealing with it, I am. The fact that the gauge really doesn't work not withstanding. I put in a Hawg Tunes upgrade and there was so many wires between that gauge and me I let it go... (for now - at least until I run out of Prozac).

The other thing - I think I am staying stock on the pipes. I wish I could just get a little more sound but not much..

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »

Put the locking fuel door release in--it has a push button so you don't need the key to open it--No more rattle from that stock release button. May not be a sleek looking but it don't make noise :2vrolijk_21:

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 05:41:05 AM »

Delivery is taking to long ... :santa2:
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 08:53:40 AM »

Delivery is taking to long ... :santa2:

Now that's a real problem. :(
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »

I had the 2 piece eagle on the left side of my tank. Everyone at the dealership including the owner never saw it. On top of that, under the tank on the same side, there is a spot were the robot that welded the tank hit the tank in the curved portion and left a big tack weld spot that is about 1/16th of an inch long. Harley never ground it smooth, but they did paint right over it. New tank on order.

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »

Ambient air temperature gauge no worky. 1000 miles bike is in for service so no real list of issues so far. Exhaust options being explored but with winter on track I am going to wait until spring.

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »

Headlight replaced
Primary oil leak
Left turn signal short
Clutch- Bled
Bolt fell out of right front saddlebag mount
Seat gap
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.