Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Installed New SE Muffs Today!  (Read 5446 times)

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
Installed New SE Muffs Today!
« on: March 12, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »

Well as there are not many options for slip ons for the ConV I decided to go with the 49 state legal SE slip ons for now. All I can say is boy am I glad I did.......They sound great. They are much deeper than stock and just loud enough that I can hear the rumble rolling down the road. This may be the perfect pipe for me, I will be able to report more after I get some miles on them. Right now due to rain I was able to only get about 25 miles on them but so far they rock.

I also took the PCV off as it would not allow the seat to go back on properly. For now I have installed some XIEDs but I will most likely up grade to another fuel management system (that is not piggyback) in the near future. Was thinking about the TTS or the SEST just not sure which one yet.

Well I will report back on the mufflers as soon as I can but looks like rain here for the next several days.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: Installed New SE Muffs Today!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »

Congrats on the new pipes!!  I heard that Golfar will be doing the same.

TTS or SEST? No question...  TTS

goldfar

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »

Glad to hear you like them! 

Wiz is correct, I'm going that direction as well although Wizard had a different suggestion.  He wanted me to take a pair of Fullsac touring baffles, cut them in to small pieces, rivet the pieces to an old radiator from my Corvette, drill 87 well placed holes, weld that to the drain pipe from my dish washer and wrap the whole thing with duct tape.  Said it would sound great!  I'm going with the simpler solution, Screaming Eagle 49 state slip ons.

Sound of a bike is very personal and subjective.  I wanted deeper, more Harley-like sound but not too loud.  As luck would have it, our dealer had a similar bike to ours in the service area with the Screaming Eagle 49 state slip ons installed.  We drove my bike right into the Service Department, set them side by side and fired both bikes up.  Rev'ed up mine, rev'ed up the SE 49's - perfect comparison!  The Screaming Eagles are on order.

Seriously, my thanks to Mr Wizard for letting me drive C's bike down the road to experience the Fullsac 1.75 baffles - the only way to really tell what they sound like.  Having a super knowledgeable resource like Mr Wizard just down the road is an invaluable source of bike-related information and I appreciate it.

Now, if I can only get him to stop talking and come for a ride. :)
2010 Screaming Eagle Softail Convertible
Crimson Red/Autum Haze

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »

Riding? After dissing me with the radiator and duct tape thing...  it may be a while.

Can't wait until you get your TTS so I can fix her up real good for U... decel pop? What decel pop?? I don't hear no decel pop!!!  Gas mileage...  non existent, you will be able to pass everything but a gas station.  :2vrolijk_21:

I saw that you called yesterday but I was standing in front of a band most of the day at a rally...  didn't notice the phone rang until late.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:38:36 PM »

Wiz is correct, I'm going that direction as well although Wizard had a different suggestion.  He wanted me to take a pair of Fullsac touring baffles, cut them in to small pieces, rivet the pieces to an old radiator from my Corvette, drill 87 well placed holes, weld that to the drain pipe from my dish washer and wrap the whole thing with duct tape.  Said it would sound great!  I'm going with the simpler solution, Screaming Eagle 49 state slip ons.

Goldfar - that was hilarious. Needed a good laugh today. Just remember to use good quality duct tape, not the cheap stuff.  :)

Mike V.
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »

Goldfar - that was hilarious. Needed a good laugh today. Just remember to use good quality duct tape, not the cheap stuff.  :)

Mike V.

I told him his dish washer would sound great!! He said he didn't want to dismantle his Vette...    :nixweiss:

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:09:59 PM »

Congrats on the new pipes!!  I heard that Golfar will be doing the same.

TTS or SEST? No question...  TTS

Well...... I went to the TTS website and read up on the system. I don't think I have enough of an understanding on tuning to use this program. I would like to try it but I'm not that brave, might be better if I have the dealer install the SEST.

I don't have anyone around here that can help me with it and I sure as heck don't want to screw something up. :o

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 09:48:17 PM »

Well...... I went to the TTS website and read up on the system. I don't think I have enough of an understanding on tuning to use this program. I would like to try it but I'm not that brave, might be better if I have the dealer install the SEST.

I don't have anyone around here that can help me with it and I sure as heck don't want to screw something up. :o

Ask around, don't know where you live but, check with someone already using either system.
If you can't/don't want to do this yourself, find a competent tuner with a good track record and use what he's used to. The TTS has more capability, but, your local guy may be more familiar with SEST.
Decide what your goals are first, you don't want to spend twice as much later, right??
I rode about 300 miles to get mine "right".
JMHO
HOGMIKE

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »

The TTS is easier to use than the SEST, in my opinion. I've also never been a fan of the SEST software either.

newdep, we have basically the same bike. I have finished with my TTS map and would be happy to send it to you. Simply run your VTUNE sessions to calibrate your VE tables and you're done. I can teach you that too, easy.

Besides, you can get a better tuning device cheaper than purchasing a SEST when you purchase the TTS.

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 01:48:34 PM »

Newdep;

Glad you like the new SE pipes. I'm in the same boat with my Rush 1.75s, and I plan to try the SEs also. BTW, are the SEs the same size as the stock pipes. Did you get muffler shields with them or re-use the stock shileds?

As for the PCV..., that was one of the reasons I went with the Thunder Max / autotune. Really like the fact that it an ECM swap, and not a piggy back. Very pleased with the performance and support from Zippers. I did a writeup on the ECM group if you are interested.

Mickey

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »

For you gents who are ditching the Rush slip-ons,

My muffler solution is to use the stock cans and create Frankenbaffles using a core that should give me the Fullsac sound if I do it right. My problem is that I need my stock core for sacrificial parts and my fabricator is very busy and will do his best to get my work done "when he can".

So that means I have no ride while my exhaust is apart. Given the uncertain outcome and the sketchy schedule of my welder I need a plan B so I can keep n riding during the fabrication process. That leads me back to the Rush mufflers. If you have a pair that is heading for a box in the garage never to be used again and are willing to let them go cheap, please let me know.  I am not crazy about buying a pair just to use for a few weeks, but if the price is right it will keep me riding for what is all to a short season in the Northeast. You can even have them back once my baffles are done.

Anyway - it's just a thought. It has proved tough to be able coordinate his free time with enough time for me to remove my baffles, take a day of from work so I can sit down and explain the project. This will make the entire project much less stressful.

Thanks,

Mike V.
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 02:43:57 PM »

I was just getting ready to list mine for $125.00, kind of a lot just to use for a short time. However, if you didn't damage them you could most likely resell them and get your money back.

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 05:19:37 PM »

If you are selling Rush slip ons for $125 I will buy them. Let me know.
Live To Win!

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »

kisscorky

shoot me a pm with your contact info, if mike doesn't want them they are yours.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 12:38:58 AM »

Newdep,

PM Sent. - I'll take them.

Kisscorky - if all goes well they will be availale in a couple of weeks. I am hoping I will not have to install them at all - it all depends on my fabricator. I will let you know.

Thanks,

Mike
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.