Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: European differences  (Read 2321 times)

Romanstar

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible FLSTSE
European differences
« on: April 27, 2010, 01:49:10 AM »

Hi there, somebody could help me to recognize the part number of the following parts because in the European version of FLSTSE they are not the original ones. European (or the Italian) branch of MoCo swaps them with those installed on Heritage because they are already street legal in Europe for pollution limits and noise limits.
Looking at the SE online catalog for Softail I found the following:
#80679-08 Screamin Eagle Street Performance Slip-On Mufflers-Softail Shorty Dual
#28721-10 Screamin' Eagle "Ventilator" Performance Air Cleaner Kit – Chrome
Are that number correct with the OEM parts installed on your bike?
Is there the same situation in the rest of Europe?
Have any European friends changed them already?
Have any European complained to MoCo for that already?
Carefully looking at the bike the differences seem to be: mufflers, intake and mirrors, did I miss something else?
I really don’t understand why after I paid a lot of money to buy a CVO bike I have to swap some pieces to obtain a real CVO, I’m also wondering where my original US muffler, intake and mirrors are now.
I also should need some help about the shifter heel Rumble Collection peg, I would add the Billet Style Heel/Toe Shift Lever (34535-00B) but in Italy the number of the Rumble shifter peg seems absolutely unknown. Thank you.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
Re: European differences
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:39:54 AM »

all European - in fact all "international" models have the same shortcomings.

We all have this wunderfull emission-control-system, cats, "international" mufflers etc.

Complaining is useless as the US- (except California) models are not street-legal over here. And if looking closely you will find a tiny little disclaimer on every bike's description: "La configurazione della moto fotografata puo variare a seconda del mercato di destinazione. Per maggiori dettaglia rivolgiti a tuo concessionario ufficiale" ("Bike shown may vary visually by market. See your dealer for details.").

The rumble-collection parts may be on a CVO-part list only, but your dealer of course can find them. Just kick him a little  ;)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Romanstar

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:11:20 AM »

Thank you Kraut, do you know something more about the part numbers I listed, if I'll buy them thru the net do you think they'll work on my bike (outlaw)? Ciao.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:27:04 AM »

the parts you listed should be fit (but not be legal ;)) for your bike.

But I suggest you wait for some softail-owners to answer because there may be better parts around.

I'm just a stupid touring-driver and may not know the last tricks about the softies  :nervous:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »

Hi there, somebody could help me to recognize the part number of the following parts because in the European version of FLSTSE they are not the original ones. European (or the Italian) branch of MoCo swaps them with those installed on Heritage because they are already street legal in Europe for pollution limits and noise limits.
Looking at the SE online catalog for Softail I found the following:
#80679-08 Screamin Eagle Street Performance Slip-On Mufflers-Softail Shorty Dual
#28721-10 Screamin' Eagle "Ventilator" Performance Air Cleaner Kit – Chrome
Are that number correct with the OEM parts installed on your bike?
Is there the same situation in the rest of Europe?
Have any European friends changed them already?
Have any European complained to MoCo for that already?
Carefully looking at the bike the differences seem to be: mufflers, intake and mirrors, did I miss something else?
I really don’t understand why after I paid a lot of money to buy a CVO bike I have to swap some pieces to obtain a real CVO, I’m also wondering where my original US muffler, intake and mirrors are now.
I also should need some help about the shifter heel Rumble Collection peg, I would add the Billet Style Heel/Toe Shift Lever (34535-00B) but in Italy the number of the Rumble shifter peg seems absolutely unknown. Thank you.

I think most of us are using 80495-07 SE Slip On Mufflers in the USA.  These mufflers have no catalytic converters in them and are for 07 -09 Softails.  You also need two clamps 65296-95A.  I think the ones you listed are for California and have catalytic converters in them.  I don't know about the air cleaner.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Romanstar

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »

I think most of us are using 80495-07 SE Slip On Mufflers in the USA.  These mufflers have no catalytic converters in them and are for 07 -09 Softails.  You also need two clamps 65296-95A.  I think the ones you listed are for California and have catalytic converters in them.  I don't know about the air cleaner.
Thank you, does it mean that a new US Conv comes out with that pipes (less California) or you have to change it like in my case? Ciao.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 09:08:33 AM »

We have to change them.  The stock mufflers are very quiet and have catalytic converters in them.  Good luck and enjoy the ride.  I just wish the weather here in Update NY would cooperate.  Maybe tomorrow.  It looks promising.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.