Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Whistler Cruisader Motorcycle Radar Detector  (Read 8804 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Whistler Cruisader Motorcycle Radar Detector
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 11:06:10 AM »

I went ahead and ordered this unit.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

schreijo

• Strength and Honor
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 04:56:42 PM »

Got the Crusader installed and used it on the 22 mile ride home.  Seemed to be working.  Had it set on "city" so the garage door openers didnt send false alarms.  THey\ installer put the alert light between the speedo and Tach on the fairing dash.  Should be easy to see.  THere is also a setting that turns the pod backlight off and the pod will flash on when radar is detected.

I had a email conversation with Whistler and they are developing a waterproof audio alert that can be added to my unit at sometime in the future.  THe guy at Whistler was not real sure on when it will be available.  

First chance I get I'll take some pics and post them.

schreijo

• Strength and Honor
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 12:39:53 AM »

Last weekend I had a chance to use the Cruisader on a ride from Chicago to Conesville Iowa.  At higher rpms the alert for a laser would be triggered.  So I called Whistler and my installer.  The short story version is the installer put a power line filter on and I have not had any "rpm" laser alerts since the power filter has been put on.  I do think not having an audio alert is a drawback but not a major one.  I'll try to get some pics posted soon.  

schreijo

• Strength and Honor
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 11:37:56 AM »

As promised here are 3 pics of the installed Cruisader.  I think it is a good product that could be great when Whistler make the Audio alert available.  It is a bit hart to see the sensor below the headlamp but it is there.  The other sensor is buried inside the faiirng.  The added alert light between the speedo and tack flashes a blue tinted light when activated.  Harley provides as standard equipment on the SCEG a toggle switch for an accessory that I used as the on/off switch.  

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 12:14:36 PM »

Thanks for the updates and pics.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 12:15:28 PM by Rjob749 »

schreijo

• Strength and Honor
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 09:31:19 PM »

THe power line filter is specific to the detector.  Is this what you are asking.  THe filter only effects the power supply to the detector.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 09:51:31 PM »

THe power line filter is specific to the detector.

RadarRoy

• RadarBusters
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 02:14:50 PM »

In all honesty the Cruisader sucks at detecting radar/laser and I have done extensive testing on that unit.

If you are looking for a good radar detector system, check out what I installed on my 2003 Ultra at www.stealthhog.com

BTW, if anyone on the forum is interested in any of the equipment we sell let me know. We will offer a 5% to 10% discount if you call and ask for me

Also we do have the Cruisader in stock. On the site we list of $379.00 but call me and we can sell a few units at $245.00

www.radarbusters.com
Radar Roy

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:17:23 PM by RadarRoy »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 09:45:30 AM »

In all honesty the Cruisader sucks at detecting radar/laser and I have done extensive testing on that unit.

If you are looking for a good radar detector system, check out what I installed on my 2003 Ultra at www.stealthhog.com

BTW, if anyone on the forum is interested in any of the equipment we sell let me know. We will offer a 5% to 10% discount if you call and ask for me

Also we do have the Cruisader in stock. On the site we list of $379.00 but call me and we can sell a few units at $245.00

www.radarbusters.com
Radar Roy

Very interesting bit of information.  I viewed the two links that are attached and found those equally interesting.  I sent you an email and look forward to hearing back from you.

J.C.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

jtbcobra

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re:LASER JAMMER POWER LINE FILTER
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 08:22:45 PM »

I also have the same rpm problem with my laser jamers. Wondering where ya got your power line filter., and what kind? I tried a magnetic choke .It helped a bit.
Thanks

I am impressed with the laser jammers. Saved my butt twice now......

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

Re: Re:LASER JAMMER POWER LINE FILTER
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 08:45:02 PM »

I also have the same rpm problem with my laser jamers. Wondering where ya got your power line filter., and what kind? I tried a magnetic choke .It helped a bit.
Thanks

I am impressed with the laser jammers. Saved my butt twice now......

Try Radar Roy above I'm sure he can help you at his site.  

jtbcobra

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Re:LASER JAMMER POWER LINE FILTER
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 09:02:16 PM »

Try Radar Roy above I'm sure he can help you at his site.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.