Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Deepest Exhaust Sound  (Read 56626 times)

JasonDeezy

• Ride it 'til the wheels fall off...
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Orange you glad it's a CVO?...

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B
Re: Deepest Exhaust Sound
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 01:13:18 AM »

Jason those mufflers sound nice. Are you losing bottom end with them?Looks like they  have big baffles.

There's an off-idle stumble that's present and I get some decel popping every once in a while but other than that I don't think I've lost too much in terms of torque or HP.
King Tour Pack
Roland Sands Design Diesel Wheels 18"/21"
Klock Werks 21" Slicer Fender
Klock Werks 8" FLARE Black Windshield
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Slipons
Fullsac X-Pipe B
8" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars & Power Mirrors
TTS Mastertune
Dakota Digital Gauges MCL-3006-R
Carl Brouhard Floorboards (Front & Rear)
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal
   Heel & Toes Shifter (w/pegs), Shift Arm & Linkage
Kuryakyn License Plate Frame (#9182)
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips
Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 08:23:23 AM »

i can always build power elsewhere and if it was all performance i was after.........i wouldn't have gotten a bagger!  that's what choppers and night trains are for.. ;) 

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »

8) There you have it, an intelligent thread>>>>>If your looking for sound....clothes pins and playing cards on your spokes?  What do you do it you have mags?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 07:46:22 AM »

I have been fairly happy with my 2" Fulsac baffles. I'm now down in Daytona for bike week and after reading this thread I thought I would go listen for myself. At Destination Daytona Harley the ha Rhinehart and Vance&Hines only a row apart. I felt the high outputs were much deeper. They just happened to have a set ready to install, imagine that! We put 250 miles on them yesterday and love them. Heading out today for a 700 mile trip to Boca, Fort Myers, Sarasota and then back to Daytona.

Mark

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 09:05:03 AM »

Mark, After 700 miles what do you think of the V&H HI Output? How loud are they, and one you back off the throttle do they have that raspy sound? I have narrowed it down to either these or the 4" Rhineharts. I'm looking for something with a deep tone and can still be heard. Loud does not bother me, I know either one are not as loud as what i have now.
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »

I have CFR's on my 2010 SESG and love them.  Not saying they're the best, just saying I am very happy with them.

What else are you running?

I have CFR's on my 2011 SESG, too. I have the V&H Dresser Duals and an SE tuner. It was all put on late last season, and this set up might be just a bit too loud for me. Trying to explore any options. Like the CFR's and don't really want to go through with the hassle of changing the head pipe. Thinking about trying a head pipe install of a Big City Thunder Baffle for about $85 to start. If that doesn't work, thinking about changing to to V&H High Outputs.

Anyone have any ideas?
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 02:32:23 PM »

Neither system has the deep bass rumble of a Hooker or Bassani system. Exhaust systems are like women. You're not likely to get everything you want in one package. You have to decide what matters most and go with it.

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »

Schmoopers Rinehart 2-1 was a deep rumbler on a 88 cuber it was barky, good perfomer too.  :drink:

MC88

• Junior CVO Member
  • CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 CVO2:2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:24 PM »

Thanks for all your opinions guys ...

I went with the High Outputs, I heard a set on a 103 EG at the dealer and hedid me a good deal ....  Ended up throwing  the Race Tuner in  the deal with the pipes and four point detachable point .

All I need is the Bike now , hopefully within the next wek or so .

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 08:50:47 AM »

What else are you running?

I have CFR's on my 2011 SESG, too. I have the V&H Dresser Duals and an SE tuner. It was all put on late last season, and this set up might be just a bit too loud for me. Trying to explore any options. Like the CFR's and don't really want to go through with the hassle of changing the head pipe. Thinking about trying a head pipe install of a Big City Thunder Baffle for about $85 to start. If that doesn't work, thinking about changing to to V&H High Outputs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Big City Thunder Baffle's are loud, I am running them in V&H Big Shot Duals at idle  109 db compaired to 80db for stock Harley.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 08:54:06 AM »

Big City Thunder Baffle's are loud, I am running them in V&H Big Shot Duals at idle  109 db compaired to 80db for stock Harley.

They're loud, but would they be better than nothing? (Which is what I currently have.)
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 09:14:40 AM »

:oops: I run Rinehart 2010/11 True Dual system with the 4" mufflers.  I love the sound of my Rineharts, but after listening to those CFR's,  I have to tell you that those have the best sound for Harley hands down!  CHit, I may have to look at those as a second set of pipes?  For those that have the CFR's, someone mentioned tuning was a problem?  I have Thundermax TBW system, I would assume that the system would make any necessary adjustments withing a 15% range.  I plan on having my bike fine tuned on the Dyno this spring anyway and have some adjustments made in effort to get the most from the tuner and bike.  Please let me know?  Meanwhile, i think i may have to do a little research.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »

They're loud, but would they be better than nothing? (Which is what I currently have.)

Yes, If you are running straight pipes you are losing TQ & HP, BCT has two types of baffels, Thunder Monster which i ran on my Low Rider with Big Radius Pipes, and they have a Thunder Monster QQ which is what i am running now with the Big Shots.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

dkflhxse

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »

Over 3,000 miles on V&H HO's with HD '09 catless headers.  Deep sound, great performance (after tune with HD SE tuner).  Receive compliments on the great sound all the time.  No popping on decel and mellows out at cruise.  No problem hearing stereo.  Very satisfied and would never consider a change.  Have heard RH on a few CVO's and not nearly as deep or throaty on accel or cruise.

2010spicedrum

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 10:34:48 PM »

I originally went with 09 head pipe and 2.0 fullsac baffles with tts tuner. Sounded good. But not quite what I was looking for. Changed to v&h h o's and it is perfect. Nice deep sound and still good for listening to stereo. I ended up with 94 hp & 114 tq. Runs great.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.