Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Deepest Exhaust Sound  (Read 56728 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Deepest Exhaust Sound
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 08:35:13 AM »

those CFR's are without question the best sounding pipe hands down!  after looking into them further, i don't care for the cone type design, plus i have Rhinehart true dual headers and their muffler system is made for stock headers.  Oh well, still like my Rhineharts but gotta admit, the sound of the CFR's are better.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 11:12:17 AM »

you're missing one of the parethesis
DUDE, this is the sound I'm looking for!!!!! Where can I buy the CFR?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »

Anyone hear a RB Racing 2-1 "Spyder" pipe? Anyone...Buehller?
  :nixweiss:

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21prostock_spyder.htm

Rhodsman

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2009 Custom Rocker
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »

The R&B Racing 2:1 pipe is awesome. Angry / intimidating sound. Awesome power. Not for everyone, but I was certainly impressed.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »

Thanks, they say the new "spyder" is toned down from the "black hole"...I have a D&D boarzilla with the "quiet " performance baffle...It perfoms well but aint quiet. I had to put on a hawg wired stereo to hear it again.

My only beef with this old style pipe is burning holes in my right leg at a stop, sometimes you have to put both feet down.

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »

I originally went with 09 head pipe and 2.0 fullsac baffles with tts tuner. Sounded good. But not quite what I was looking for. Changed to v&h h o's and it is perfect. Nice deep sound and still good for listening to stereo. I ended up with 94 hp & 114 tq. Runs great.

Not sure that I'm following you. What do you mean '09 head pipe'; and did you keep it? (So, you put the 2.0 fullsac baffles in the stock mufflers and then eventually swapped for V&H High Outputs? What about the tune?)

Do V&H High Outputs have baffles? Different baffle options?

Thanks.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 05:37:49 PM »

DUDE, this is the sound I'm looking for!!!!! Where can I buy the CFR?

Potentially selling my CFR's. They have about 500 miles on them.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »

After 1400 miles in Florida the VH High Outputs were the way to go. Good and loud on Main St and on International Raceway, yet very quite on the 700 mile southern loop on the highway. We could hear the radio easily. Between this and the x pipe, best money I've spent! I did notice a very slight pop on hard decal occasionally but not annoying. Really sounds great in 5th gear wide-open

Mark

2010spicedrum

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 12:18:34 AM »

Not sure that I'm following you. What do you mean '09 head pipe'; and did you keep it? (So, you put the 2.0 fullsac baffles in the stock mufflers and then eventually swapped for V&H High Outputs? What about the tune?)

Do V&H High Outputs have baffles? Different baffle options?

Thanks.

I'm still using 09 head pipe. They don't have a cat. And I did have it re-dyno tuned. And I'm not sure but I think they have a quiet baffle if you want it quieter.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 08:28:28 AM »

With all the talk about which exhaust was the deepest Rhinehart or the V&H Hi-Output we went to Daytona over the weekend, I went straight to where Rhinhart was set up, They had just installed a set of the 4" slip on's on a 110, At idle they sound good then ask them to run it up to 3,000 rpm, sound real good, Then i went straight to V&H they had a set of the Hi-Output on a 103, ask them to do the same idle and 3,000 rpm, The V&H are deeper and louder at idle and at 3,000 rpm. so i'm going with the V&H Hi-Output. At 3,000 rpm the V&H are 103db, not overbearing but loud enough that the cager's can hear you.

I have never liked the sound of a 2 into 1 but V&H Hi-Output and the Pro pipe with the performance baffle sounds real good. But i'm going to stick with duals.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »

With all the talk about which exhaust was the deepest Rhinehart or the V&H Hi-Output we went to Daytona over the weekend, I went straight to where Rhinhart was set up, They had just installed a set of the 4" slip on's on a 110, At idle they sound good then ask them to run it up to 3,000 rpm, sound real good, Then i went straight to V&H they had a set of the Hi-Output on a 103, ask them to do the same idle and 3,000 rpm, The V&H are deeper and louder at idle and at 3,000 rpm. so i'm going with the V&H Hi-Output. At 3,000 rpm the V&H are 103db, not overbearing but loud enough that the cager's can hear you.

I have never liked the sound of a 2 into 1 but V&H Hi-Output and the Pro pipe with the performance baffle sounds real good. But i'm going to stick with duals.

I did the same exact thing. My wife pissed the Rhinhart guys off when she came right out and told them we liked the Vance & Hines HO's much better. I wasn't looking to buy right then but drove out of there with new mufflers. :2vrolijk_21:

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »

Gerry Reinhart built (or builds) exhaust systems for NASCAR. Andrew Hines is the son of one of the founders of Vance and Hines and currently running the fastest Pro Stock motorcycle (aboard a V-Rod)  on the NHRA circuit. Take your pick. Car guy or Bike guy ?

B B

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »

I listend to both the 4" Reinhart and and the V & H hi-out puts in Daytona, a couple times each on 110 CVO bikes. 

I got home, and ordered the Hi- Output Vance and hines.  They just sound deeper and better.

I honestly thought I would never change from the stock mufflers with the Fullsac 2.25 baffles.  However I am doing it and have the catless head pipe.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

2010spicedrum

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 11:45:08 PM »

I listend to both the 4" Reinhart and and the V & H hi-out puts in Daytona, a couple times each on 110 CVO bikes. 

I got home, and ordered the Hi- Output Vance and hines.  They just sound deeper and better.

I honestly thought I would never change from the stock mufflers with the Fullsac 2.25 baffles.  However I am doing it and have the catless head pipe.
Yep that's what I did and after it was re dyno tuned after swap It was all worth it. Now if all of this rain would go away.

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2011, 01:49:00 AM »

I did the same exact thing. My wife pissed the Rhinhart guys off when she came right out and told them we liked the Vance & Hines HO's much better. I wasn't looking to buy right then but drove out of there with new mufflers. :2vrolijk_21:

You have to seize the opportunity before it disappears.

Well played!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.