Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New slip ins or replace baffles on 2010 FLSTSE  (Read 1972 times)

bosshogg69

New slip ins or replace baffles on 2010 FLSTSE
« on: March 30, 2011, 12:21:20 PM »

My wife has just started riding the 2010 I got her last fall and she hates the factory pipes(way too quite). She had a 2006 Dyna Lowrider with stock mufflers that I cored out and loved that sound. Any suggestions on coring these mufflers and what baffles to get or which slip ons would have similar sound to her Dyna.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:26:08 PM by bosshogg69 »

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: New slip ins or replace baffles on 2010 FLSTSE
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:55:20 PM »

i have 49 state screamin eagle mufflers off my 2010 convertible  i would sell  to ya ...let me know
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »

bosshog69,

I took a set of 1.75" Fullsac touring baffles and the front and rear flanges from the ConV stock muffler cores and welded up a set of baffles that fit perfectly in the stock muffler cans. The result is the sweet Fullsac performance and sound (nice rumble, and not too loud until you crack the throttle) you hear about so much on the boards. This and one other pair were were "prototypes" done back when Steve was considering manufacturing baffles for the ConV. All in it was about 3 hours of work - more planning and measuring than actual cutting and welding. So the bike retains the perfectly stock look including the EPA stamp on the mufflers. If you feel like rolling your own this might be a way to go.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:06:21 AM »

bosshog69,

I took a set of 1.75" Fullsac touring baffles and the front and rear flanges from the ConV stock muffler cores and welded up a set of baffles that fit perfectly in the stock muffler cans. The result is the sweet Fullsac performance and sound (nice rumble, and not too loud until you crack the throttle) you hear about so much on the boards. This and one other pair were were "prototypes" done back when Steve was considering manufacturing baffles for the ConV. All in it was about 3 hours of work - more planning and measuring than actual cutting and welding. So the bike retains the perfectly stock look including the EPA stamp on the mufflers. If you feel like rolling your own this might be a way to go.

MikeV

Did you remove the cats??
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »

Mr. Warlock,

On the ConV the cats are part of the stock baffles inside the mufflers. When they came out the cats went with them (and directly into the trash bin). Even better the stock baffles are riveted, not welded in as on other CVO models so getting them out was fairly simple. There is a thread from last year on the forum complete with pictures of the old and new baffles.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 12:33:03 PM »

btw... those rivets must be stainless steel, not aluminum, or they will split and spit the new baffle out the rear end while you are riding.

Yes, we have the fullsac prototype set. Perfect...

I would even suggest the 1.5 baffle as the ConV head pipes are very short. For comparison...  1.5 = 1.75 and 1.75= 2.0 for the sake of measuring loudness. A 2.0 baffle would equal straight pipes.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 02:15:35 PM »

Has anyone dyno tuned this configuration? Just curious it seems like it could be the way to go for those that don't want to do a build and keep the stock appearance.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.