Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black Crimson pics? found some farther on  (Read 2135 times)

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
Black Crimson pics? found some farther on
« on: April 20, 2011, 07:05:21 PM »

Any one have any pics of the Black crimson with a King Tour pak. Debating if I should suck it up and do it or just go luggage rack, and T-bag. Don't have a BSR on very much, she rides an 08 Deluxe. :oops:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:06:19 PM by OlDog »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: Black Crimson pics?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »

Sorry, can't help with any pics,
but if I had that bike, I'd go with a chopped detachable TP.  :2vrolijk_21:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »

My 08 flhx had the ktp and the room was great. not sure about the chopped though.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »

If you want it just for touring.....some things to consider:

A king tour pack....locks up (when you're in the restaurant eating or run in the store for a minute, etc.) when you're just stopping to get a few hours sleep and get up and keep moving (don't have to unpack anything).

A king tour pack....all your stuff stays dry with no added precautions necessary.

A king tour pack....very easy to get in and out of very quickly, on the side of the road, at a gas stop, etc.

A king tour pack works real well in the solo positon, as a very comfortable back rest that never needs adjusting (see pic).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MC88

• Junior CVO Member
  • CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 CVO2:2011 FLHXSE2
Re: Black Crimson pics? found some farther on
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

Check this out  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=55256.0;all

Im waiting on my KTP , should be here soon  will post up photos later .

jrice454

• Junior CVO Member
  • A rock is a rock...

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 - Black Diamond/Crimson Tag
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »

I'd send you picks of my King Tour Pack for my Crimson Black but the first two had very poor workmanship and the dealer sent them back.  The defects were in the paint on the first one (one section had no clear coat) and the second had a lid edge piece broken that they tried to bondo and it was clearly mis-matched so if you purchase one make sure you and your dealer inspect before accepting it. 

J

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »

Any one have any pics of the Black crimson with a King Tour pak. Debating if I should suck it up and do it or just go luggage rack, and T-bag. Don't have a BSR on very much, she rides an 08 Deluxe. :oops:

Here's a (bad) pic of the King TP mounted solo. Had it on when I went to see my daughter (30th birthday) @ Ft. L. Wood, Mo couple weeks ago.

JW

jrice454

• Junior CVO Member
  • A rock is a rock...

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 02:33:55 PM »

Black Diamond, love that solo setup  :2vrolijk_21:, what type of seat is that with the back rest?

J

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 04:01:31 PM »

Black Diamond, love that solo setup  :2vrolijk_21:, what type of seat is that with the back rest?

J

I use the C&C solo seat w/back rest. I have one on my SERK4 with +30,000 miles on it. Great seats.  I learned to go with the King TP after seeing LarryB set up! I have the chopped for the SERK4, wish it was a King also.

I agree with all the points JCZ made above.

JW

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 08:44:15 PM »

JCZ your bike sure reminds me of Marty's bike with all those bug casualties on the fairing and lowers :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

jrice454

• Junior CVO Member
  • A rock is a rock...

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 11:18:52 AM »

I use the C&C solo seat w/back rest. I have one on my SERK4 with +30,000 miles on it. Great seats.  I learned to go with the King TP after seeing LarryB set up! I have the chopped for the SERK4, wish it was a King also.

I agree with all the points JCZ made above.

JW

Thanks Black Diamond!  :)

J

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 11:51:43 AM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »

JCZ your bike sure reminds me of Marty's bike with all those bug casualties on the fairing and lowers :)

That's what happens when you ride em.  You can tell by the vegitation in the background that I was on a different planet. ;)

But for the record.....the bike is clean and detailed right now. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 02:52:36 AM »

I fitted up the chopped tour pack with a rack for storing quick to get at stuff (rain gear etc) and am very happy with the look and the ease of getting in and out of the pak, only down side is the extra weight of the pak hanging behind the rear axle verses a Tbag with luggage rack.
I went with the quick detatch option and find it very easy to whip the pak on and off when the need arises. The lil lady loves the comfort of this set up as well.

Good luck with your choice and happy riding, I notice the snow melting in your part of the country so you should be out and about very soon.

Cheers JT
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

vettmann

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson
    • CVO2: 2012 Hot Citrus/Gunstock
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 09:35:17 PM »

I fitted up the chopped tour pack with a rack for storing quick to get at stuff (rain gear etc) and am very happy with the look and the ease of getting in and out of the pak, only down side is the extra weight of the pak hanging behind the rear axle verses a Tbag with luggage rack.
I went with the quick detatch option and find it very easy to whip the pak on and off when the need arises. The lil lady loves the comfort of this set up as well.

Good luck with your choice and happy riding, I notice the snow melting in your part of the country so you should be out and about very soon.

Cheers JT
Love the chopped tour pack, Mine is on order. I also have the 2011 SESG Black Diamond, Crimson What a beauty.... :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.