Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flush fuel caps with red LED gauge  (Read 1431 times)

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
Flush fuel caps with red LED gauge
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:54 AM »

Hi. Does anyone have a part number for the flush red LED fuel gauge which I believe is fitted as standard to the 2011 CVO Street Glide? I'm looking for one for my Red CVO Softail Convertible as the blue LEDs clash with the CVO red  instrument lighting.

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
Re: Flush fuel caps with red LED gauge
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:48:23 AM »

Sorry, I don't have the part number, but wanted to advise you about the red LED fuel gauge. I have a 2011 CVO Street Glide with the red LED fuel gauge and it is dim and difficult to see in daylight. I have the blue LED fuel gauge on my 2009 Fat Bay and it is very easy to read in daylight. You may want to consider staying with your blue one. If not I may consider a trade with you red for blue??

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »

2 parts listed. 74782-11 (black) and 70900040 (chrome).
2011 FLHXSE2

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:33:16 AM »

David, Thanks for the part numbers. Now I can tell Harley UK that they do exist. The next hurdle I guess will be getting them to sell me one, as I don't have a CVO Streetglide.

Twotoes, The idea of a blue for red swap sounds appealing, though the logistics of doing it given the distance between us, may make it difficult. Out of interest the Blue is not that bright. The first LED gauge that I had on my 2007 Heritage was much brighter, however that failed within a year and the replacement was much dimmer and probably similar to the one that's just been installed on my CVO Softail. On the plus side the replacement was much more reliable.

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

• CVO1: FLHXSESG2
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »

Hi Cliff, good to chat to you the other day at Guildford HD, sorry but will be keeping the red LED fuel gauge as all the other gauges on the bike are red ! However if they won't let you order the red gauge as you don't have a SG, just give me a shout & I can order a replacement for mine & you can have that one. Cheers, Paul.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.