Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 SESG: Chrome flaking off driver floorboard and antenna wire broke  (Read 771 times)

Ken1956

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum, Fullsac Stage 1, Klock Werks Windshield, Motorcycle Armor

Just a heads up for everyone:

I was washing the bike the other day and notice a rough spot in the chrome on the rear section of the right side driver's floorboard.  I had the bike in for a different warranty issue (broken antenna wire, get to that in a minute) and showed the service manager this rough spot, that I had marked with tape so I could find the spot again. 

When I took the tape off, the chrome came off with the tape like silver paint!!  Harley is replacing the floorboard.

The radio started acting up a few weeks ago, so I took it in for the shop to figure out.  They found a break in the antenna wire where there is a 90 degree turn in the wire. 

I hope this helps someone else.  I would love to hear if others have experienced the same problems.

Ken

catz66

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG, 2010 SESG, 2013 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2016 RGUC RUBY & Silver

Look close at your shift levers and rear brake lever for bubbles in the chrome. I have replaced the right floor board, shift levers and brake lever for bad chrome

Ken1956

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum, Fullsac Stage 1, Klock Werks Windshield, Motorcycle Armor

Look close at your shift levers and rear brake lever for bubbles in the chrome. I have replaced the right floor board, shift levers and brake lever for bad chrome

Thanks for the heads up.  I will be looking closer.  I appreciate it.

Ken

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)

Had an antenna wire issue before my first 1000 miles. The cable was rubbing the rear tire and cut it in half. Took them forever to get the new cable so I put an antenna inside the fairing. Still had them replace the cable but am only using the fairing antenna.

Saw a Blue Concord with about all the chrome off of the brake and shifter levers not to mention the powder coat on the motor looked like it was hit with a shot gun spray. It was at a dealer for sale like that. The chrome on my SESG and ConV are still fine.

Ken1956

• Full CVO Member

This is good stuff.

I had no idea the CVOs were experiencing problems like this.  Threads like this help all of us know that it's not just my bike.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Ken

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.