Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: My New "Toy" - 2012 FLHXSE3  (Read 10455 times)

Hank Hankerson

Re: My New "Toy" - 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »

Congratulations on your new sweet ride.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »

Charlie you little  :devil: been on vacation and just found this.  You sound like a kid in a super mega candy store.
Congrats it is really impressive looking.  Hope to see 1, live that is.
BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Greg.  It's an amazing looking bike.  I'm loving it!!

Sweet ride! Mod on.

Thanks Buy. :)  Already have some parts on order and coming in tomorrow.  X-pipe should be here Tuesday.

congrats ;-)
 :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Thanks Candy.  Haven't seen much of you around.  Where have you been?

Congratulations, Charlie!  I really like that color combo, and with a few minor tweaks you can get it the way you want it.  You now have the best of both worlds... :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Terry.  The pictures show the color pretty good, but in person, this is the first color I've seen that just hit me hard.  I had to have it!!  That Hot Citrus really pops in the sun!!.  I have a few parts on order.  Not going to do much to it, as I love it the way it is.

Congratulations on your new sweet ride.

Thanks Hank, it really is a sweet ride. :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »

I owned a 2009 Street Glide that I had Alligator Bob make me a custom seat for that had an awesome driver back rest.  I put it on my mc and was headed out on a 7 day trip when 400 miles into the trip I was in stopped traffic on the interstate when I heard the "crunch".  This a-hole came flying down the highway at 65 mph and never noticed that all 3 lanes of traffic was at a stand still, so to make a long story short, he hit me dead center from the rear at 65 mph.  I flew 15 feet in the air landing face down on the pavement and my mc slid down the road wiping out my riding partner on her mc.  Both our bikes were totaled. My custom seat survived with just a small abrasion that I found a leather shop to fix.  My seat now sit's on my new 2012 FLHXSE.  It looks awesome and draws many comments.  My back was fractured in 4 places (June 18) and I am just now working up to taking small trips around the block.  So if you can't find a seat with a backrest that you like you can always send a stock seat with backrest to Alligator Bob and have him customize it for you.  His work is outstanding!
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »

I went out and took some pics this morning.  It's a cloudy day here, so the Citrus doesn't pop quite like it does in full sun light.  I don't know when I'll get a chance to take more, but when I get a nice sunny day, I'll do more.  I'll be running this one in the "solo" mode, so all pics show that configuration.  The seat, although thin looking, is surprisingly comfortable.  Just wish there was a way to put a back rest on it, but I'll get used to it.  For long distant riding I always have the SERGU.  Right now, the SESG is all stock with the exception of a few add ons.  More parts are on order, Fulsac X pipe, Bassani 4" slippons, SESPT, dash pad, handlebar navigation mount...otherwise, she's going to stay pretty much looking the way she looks now.

I don't know how I ever missed this one......and missed it over and over apparently, we're on page 6 here. :nixweiss:

Very nice bike.....probably my favorite for this year (haven't saw the red SESG in person yet).  Congratulations on the new ride! :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:02:17 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »

I owned a 2009 Street Glide that I had Alligator Bob make me a custom seat for that had an awesome driver back rest.  I put it on my mc and was headed out on a 7 day trip when 400 miles into the trip I was in stopped traffic on the interstate when I heard the "crunch".  This a-hole came flying down the highway at 65 mph and never noticed that all 3 lanes of traffic was at a stand still, so to make a long story short, he hit me dead center from the rear at 65 mph.  I flew 15 feet in the air landing face down on the pavement and my mc slid down the road wiping out my riding partner on her mc.  Both our bikes were totaled. My custom seat survived with just a small abrasion that I found a leather shop to fix.  My seat now sit's on my new 2012 FLHXSE.  It looks awesome and draws many comments.  My back was fractured in 4 places (June 18) and I am just now working up to taking small trips around the block.  So if you can't find a seat with a backrest that you like you can always send a stock seat with backrest to Alligator Bob and have him customize it for you.  His work is outstanding!
Thanks LoveMyCVOGirl...great information.  Very sorry to hear of your accident, but am very glad to hear that you're on the mend and slowing getting back in to riding again.  That's always a positive thing. :)

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »

I don't know how I ever missed this one......and missed it over and over apparently, we're on page 6 here. :nixweiss:

Very nice bike.....probably my favorite for this year (haven't saw the red SESG in person yet).  Congratulations on the new ride! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks JC.  Not to worry about missing the thread, there's sooooooooo many on this forum.  ;)  I've seen the Red SESG in person and it is a beautiful bike, but didn't do for me, that the Hot Citrus did.  As far as I'm concerned, they're all winners this year.  

2012 FLHXSE3

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2011, 09:51:44 PM »

Instead of a stock Street Glide seat with backrest, you might consider a Corbin? I love my custom Corbin for the comfort, and looks. Dress up your beautiful bike with a seat that is above standard (not stock)... Just a suggestion.

Congrats, awesome new bike. Enjoy, and ride the hell out of it!

I took your advice about Corbin... bought the one that was in Buying with the orange flame stitching. Pic in my "BETTER Pictures..." thread here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=66236.msg932895#msg932895

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »

I found out it pays to read the owner's manual sometimes.  I didn't like the look of the big decorative knob screwed into the rear fender with the pillion pad removed.  It just looked out of place and literally stuck out like a sore thumb.  So I replaced it with the stock chrome phillips-head screw, and that looked a little better, but still didn't like it.  I kept thinking I wish there was a "button" or something that I could just stick into the fender hole that would be pretty flush, but couldn't figure out what to use.  Anyway, to make a long story short, I was reading the operator's manual, and got to the part about removing the pillion pad for solo riding, and catch this one little sentence that says there's a decorative plug to put into the hole on the underneath of the pad.  I looked underneath and sure enough, there's a nice little chrome plug.  I pulled it out and noted it was threaded and it screws right into the pillion mount hole in the read fender and now give an almost flush appearance with a little chrome button.   Glad I read the operator's manual.  So if all of you SESG and SERGC rider's were wishing for something less obvious to put in the hole, just look under your pillion.

2012 FLHXSE3

Ticitme

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Dark Slate/Black Diamond
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2011, 06:32:05 AM »

I found out it pays to read the owner's manual sometimes.  I didn't like the look of the big decorative knob screwed into the rear fender with the pillion pad removed.  It just looked out of place and literally stuck out like a sore thumb.  So I replaced it with the stock chrome phillips-head screw, and that looked a little better, but still didn't like it.  I kept thinking I wish there was a "button" or something that I could just stick into the fender hole that would be pretty flush, but couldn't figure out what to use.  Anyway, to make a long story short, I was reading the operator's manual, and got to the part about removing the pillion pad for solo riding, and catch this one little sentence that says there's a decorative plug to put into the hole on the underneath of the pad.  I looked underneath and sure enough, there's a nice little chrome plug.  I pulled it out and noted it was threaded and it screws right into the pillion mount hole in the read fender and now give an almost flush appearance with a little chrome button.   Glad I read the operator's manual.  So if all of you SESG and SERGC rider's were wishing for something less obvious to put in the hole, just look under your pillion.

I know that feeling took me two weeks of looking at the back of the solo seal to realize that there was a flap the covered up the mounted points for the passenger pillion... Was wondering why Harley would leave the seat so unfinished back there. DUH! I probably should have read the owners manual first lol

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2011, 11:19:21 AM »

I know that feeling took me two weeks of looking at the back of the solo seal to realize that there was a flap the covered up the mounted points for the passenger pillion... Was wondering why Harley would leave the seat so unfinished back there. DUH! I probably should have read the owners manual first lol

I was absolutely amazed that they paid that much attention to detail to include that little plug, let alone give it a place to put it on the underside of the pillion pad when you're not using it.

2012 FLHXSE3

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2011, 12:19:36 AM »

I was absolutely amazed that they paid that much attention to detail to include that little plug, let alone give it a place to put it on the underside of the pillion pad when you're not using it.

Yeah... I found about that plug while reading the manual... me reading the manual! ha!  But it was a nice find.  :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:31:19 PM by wachuko »
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2011, 09:09:11 AM »

Yeah... I found about that plug while reading the manual... me reading the manual! ha!  But it was a nice find.  :2vrolijk_21:
LOL...me too. I rarely, if ever read the manual.  Don't know why I decided to this time, but glad that I did.  I wonder how many other little "hidden gems" the MoCo puts in the manual, just so we'll read it?  :nixweiss:  :nervous:

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.