Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: White Stickers on Front Forks  (Read 5686 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: White Stickers on Front Forks
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »

So do the stickers, once off, get put in the back of the Owners Manual?
Thats where I put the ones cleverly stuck to the engine saying that they must only be removed by the owner. The ones that say only use Synthetic Oil. What do other folks do with their stickers.

Oh and by the way, this thread has to go down as totally pointless.... LOL  :jalapeno:

I can't think of a single reason to keep any of those worthless decals they stick all over the place to cover their azzes.  Like the one that reminds you a motorcycle doesn't drive or handle like a car (no chit sherlocks), or the silly ones on the air cleaner and the "crash" bars, or any of the stuff the attorney's require them to apply.  As for the ones telling you to use SYN3, I made sure I removed those and trashed them before I left the dealership when I picked the bike up.  I did find it strange that with all the other stupid stuff they do apply, they didn't have a big orange and yellow decal with flames on it applied to all the exhaust system parts or the engine proclaiming "Caution - This Part May Be Very Hot".  I guess the lawyers missed that one.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »

I can't think of a single reason to keep any of those worthless decals they stick all over the place to cover their azzes.  Like the one that reminds you a motorcycle doesn't drive or handle like a car (no chit sherlocks), or the silly ones on the air cleaner and the "crash" bars, or any of the stuff the attorney's require them to apply.  As for the ones telling you to use SYN3, I made sure I removed those and trashed them before I left the dealership when I picked the bike up.  I did find it strange that with all the other stupid stuff they do apply, they didn't have a big orange and yellow decal with flames on it applied to all the exhaust system parts or the engine proclaiming "Caution - This Part May Be Very Hot".  I guess the lawyers missed that one.

Jerry
SHHHH,,,don't give'm any more ideas. ::)
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »

now that I've read thru this whole thread, I have a more important question for this group: What's the easiest way to remove the stickers on top of the engine guard (crash bar)?  Without scratching the chrome, of course.  :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »

Spy,, they've been ther for 8 yrs.  better leave em now.  The crash bar will feel naked.  :P

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »

now that I've read thru this whole thread, I have a more important question for this group: What's the easiest way to remove the stickers on top of the engine guard (crash bar)?  Without scratching the chrome, of course.  :-\ spyder
Add a set of lowers if ya don't already have'em.  :D

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »

:jalapeno: :jalapeno:
 :worthless:
 :jalapeno: :jalapeno:
but its fun
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:24:16 PM by PeterJ »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »

Add a set of lowers if ya don't already have'em.  :D
I already have lowers and those ugly stickers peek out from under them to annoy anyone that might notice.  :-[ aaarrgh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2012, 07:46:19 AM »

I already have lowers and those ugly stickers peek out from under them to annoy anyone that might notice.  :-[ aaarrgh.  spyder
ugh, so do I ,,,,,guess I have to go look for more stickers  >:(  On the other hand, If I didn't notice them already, maybe they're already gone.  :2vrolijk_21:

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »

So do the stickers, once off, get put in the back of the Owners Manual?
Thats where I put the ones cleverly stuck to the engine saying that they must only be removed by the owner. The ones that say only use Synthetic Oil. What do other folks do with their stickers.

Oh and by the way, this thread has to go down as totally pointless.... LOL  :jalapeno:

Peter you're just grumpy cause you went and looked (finally) and you have the little white anal stickers.  :lolk: :lipsrsealed2:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 09:49:57 PM »

Peter you're just grumpy cause you went and looked (finally) and you have the little white anal stickers.  :lolk: :lipsrsealed2:

I actually didnt go out of my way to check it out. I was like polishing and those white bits of sticker kind of were there before me.
I wonder what other hidden stuff I will find in the depths of the bike.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.