Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Already have progressive springs in the front of SESG  (Read 704 times)

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
I Already have progressive springs in the front of SESG
« on: August 06, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »

I did a lot of searches and everyone that has them likes the Progressive Monotube replacements for the front forks.  Since I already have the Progressive lowered springs in the front, would it be overkill to put in the monotubes. I looked at the Progressive site and the rating are "Std Harley Springs" then "Progressive springs" are rated "Better" and the monotubes are rated "best".  Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,
David

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: I Already have progressive springs in the front of SESG
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »

Just my .02 but I would ask you if you are having any problems with your current setup? Lowered suspension in general may look cool at the expense of handling. You have less room for the springs to travel and soak up bumps.
Probably a bigger factor for handling and ride quality is the rear shocks since they get the majority of the weight especially when two up.

You should contact Jim at Metal Dragon and give him you info, he can get you set up with a great suspension based on your weight and riding style.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.