Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® V-RodĀ®

caveat emptor

(1/4) > >>

SPIDERMAN:
A warning to anyone interested in any V-Rod. My 05 VRSCSE is on the showroom floor at San Diego H-D. 1,950 miles in 7 months, meanwhile 15,000 on two different 03 SERKs Guess that says it all. Absolutely the fastest production H-D money can buy, but not built for anyone over 5'-11" tall. Feels ok when you test ride it but once that new bike rush is over and you have to live with it, it is just too small and too tight for anyone over 5'-11". Not to say that throwin more money at it might not have helped, but at 25k new, I couldn't see it. Seemed like I'd be kickin a dead horse. I'll miss the speed rush I admit, but it came at too high a price - -that being feeling comfortable enough on the bike that I felt 100% in control.

Jock:

--- Quote ---A warning to anyone interested in any V-Rod. My 05 VRSCSE is on the showroom floor at San Diego H-D. 1,950 miles in 7 months, meanwhile 15,000 on two different 03 SERKs Guess that says it all. Absolutely the fastest production H-D money can buy, but not built for anyone over 5'-11" tall. Feels ok when you test ride it but once that new bike rush is over and you have to live with it, it is just too small and too tight for anyone over 5'-11". Not to say that throwin more money at it might not have helped, but at 25k new, I couldn't see it. Seemed like I'd be kickin a dead horse. I'll miss the speed rush I admit, but it came at too high a price - -that being feeling comfortable enough on the bike that I felt 100% in control.
--- End quote ---

Thank GOD I'm only 5'11"...

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote ---
Thank GOD I'm only 5'11"...

--- End quote ---

Yea ma toooo!!!!! I need to put some miles on mine. The weather just sucks up here.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Jock:

--- Quote ---
Yea ma toooo!!!!! I need to put some miles on mine. The weather just sucks up here.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

--- End quote ---

DAWG,

Got the 1,000 today...beautiful weather here...clear skies, 64*, should be in the 70's tomorrow...Putting on the side plate mount this week, will post a pic afterwards on the V-Rod forum.

SPIDERMAN:
Jock   OH thank you sooooooooooooo much for getting rid of Chris Farley's crack for your newest whatchmacallit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version