Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® V-RodĀ®

FIRST IMPRESSION

(1/5) > >>

DCFIREMANN:
Well as cold as it is up here in the mountains, I just couldn't resist. So I took the V Rod out for a very short spin. It is about 30 degrees with the wind blowing out of the north at 20 plus MPH!!! The first thing I noticed was the road grit being thrown up by the front tire over the front of the fender. I think the fender should be a little lower in the front but I guess it won't look as cool as this one does. I need to check the tire pressures as the bike is a little weak in the corners. This may be also in part because of the design of the bike. One thing for sure it runs like a SCALDED DAWG!!!!!!! It sure is strange that something that runs that good and makes no noise! WTF?????? I will change that next week as the Thunder Header and Power Commander are in and need to be picked up. The engine does not like low RPM's and I hope the changes I am about to do will help,if not I know our good friends at Zippers will have a cure.

All in all I like the bike. It sure isn't my SEEG but it has many good points.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DCFIREMANN:
Don I know   [smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=afro.gif]

We need to talk so I figure how to down load the pics

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Jock:

--- Quote ---Well as cold as it is up here in the mountains, I just couldn't resist. So I took the V Rod out for a very short spin. It is about 30 degrees with the wind blowing out of the north at 20 plus MPH!!! The first thing I noticed was the road grit being thrown up by the front tire over the front of the fender. I think the fender should be a little lower in the front but I guess it won't look as cool as this one does. I need to check the tire pressures as the bike is a little weak in the corners. This may be also in part because of the design of the bike. One thing for sure it runs like a SCALDED DAWG!!!!!!! It sure is strange that something that runs that good and makes no noise! WTF?????? I will change that next week as the Thunder Header and Power Commander are in and need to be picked up. The engine does not like low RPM's and I hope the changes I am about to do will help,if not I know our good friends at Zippers will have a cure.

All in all I like the bike. It sure isn't my SEEG but it has many good points.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
--- End quote ---

DAWG,

You are correct on the low RPMs...Have not checked into the Zippers option at this point...

Who's running your Dyno for the PC setup?

As for the Thunderheader, I will be interested to hear your feedback after proper setup...

Unfortunately, the nearest place for proper set up for me is Daytona and that is 4hrs from my house.  Therefore, I am limited as to local options.

Good Luck and Keep Us Posted,

Jock

DCFIREMANN:
Jock PC has a download for the SE VRod with a thunder header and the SE air cleaner. I also found a nice little item from the PC people, it's called a shift rod. Well I really wanted to know about this thing so my buddy ordered it for me. Once installed and set up it will shift your bike at the rev limit for you with out the clutch. These bikes are set up for high rev shifts without the clutch. I tried it last night and it shifts alright and the bike takes off like a rocket. So as soon as all of this stuff is installed I will try to take it to Zippers and see if they can dyno tune it. If so i will save the map and get you a copy.

I run a Thunder Header on every bike I own except the old police bike. I really like the sound and the performance.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DCFIREMANN:
V-ROD PICS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version