Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ryobi GDO  (Read 1017 times)

Glenncarp

Ryobi GDO
« on: February 08, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »

Anyone able to pair bike with a Ryobi opener? Tried a few times, no luck, GMC paired in a second. Took HD receiver to HD and they checked and says it shows perfect voltage and worked for them when testing. Bought non-Ryobi keyless pad, tried to pair, no luck, called Ryobi and was informed only the Ryobi keyless pad works with their opener. Wondering of I screwed up by buying the Ryobi.......

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Ryobi GDO
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 04:48:29 PM »

The H-D system was designed back in the dark ages and only works with older technology openers with simple wired connections.  I believe the Ryobi openers use wireless even for the indoor wall mounted control, so there is no place to connect the two wires from the H-D receiver.  The Harley system doesn't transmit a signal an opener can recognize, it just communicates with the H-D black box receiver which in turn makes or breaks a wired circuit.  If you want to use the Harley system instead of a Ryobi remote, you're going to need to look for something from the aftermarket to convert the signal the transmitter in the bike creates into something the door opener recognizes.  Try this link for one system that works for some of the other openers made by Chamberlain; perhaps this gentleman can tell you if his system would also work with a Ryobi.

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=93238.msg1224968#msg1224968

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:09:06 PM »

This is probably the vendor Jerry mentions being referred to in the post above:

https://www.creativeaccesssolutions.com/

I bought a piece from him when I moved a year ago.  New house and new GDO (Chamberlain) that Harley xmitter had no way of talking to.  The guy's little piece of kit was moderately cheap and worked flawlessly.  Total setup and install was less than five minutes.  Could have gone to an electronics shop and made something comparable for half the price but would have taken a semi-butt-ton of time some Saturday to do it.  Was glad to have the pre-made part.  If he's got something for your Ryobi you'll likely have an easy and direct solution.

Glenncarp

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »

Thanks to you and Jerry, guess I need to call to see which one works with Ryobi

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »

Anyone able to pair bike with a Ryobi opener? Tried a few times, no luck, GMC paired in a second. Took HD receiver to HD and they checked and says it shows perfect voltage and worked for them when testing. Bought non-Ryobi keyless pad, tried to pair, no luck, called Ryobi and was informed only the Ryobi keyless pad works with their opener. Wondering of I screwed up by buying the Ryobi.......

Big props to Creative Solutions! $15 and problem solved. Sent him my Ryobi opener and he added pigtail that plugs into HD receiver. Told him $15 is too cheap.  He sent me a few emails explaining options and was clear, precise and did not mind answering my dumb questions. Best part was getting the package of Jelly Belly jelly beans in package with returned remote :)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 06:18:25 PM »

Big props to Creative Solutions! $15 and problem solved. Sent him my Ryobi opener and he added pigtail that plugs into HD receiver. Told him $15 is too cheap.  He sent me a few emails explaining options and was clear, precise and did not mind answering my dumb questions. Best part was getting the package of Jelly Belly jelly beans in package with returned remote :)

That's outstanding.  Knew my experience with them was good.  Even better to know that I may not be a one-off but that this is their SOP.  Nice to hear good things about good vendors to keep in for a time they're needed.

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 05:26:55 PM »

Got bike back, plugged harness installed on remote into back HD receiver, zip tied remote to receiver plugged receiver into wall outlet, flicked high beams on/off....garage door opened. Word of caution though, since Ryobi takes a few seconds to actuate opening procedure, even with hand held remotes supplied with opener, it works better with HD if you press and hold "flash to pass" switch (bottom of paddle of low beam) Then it works seamlessly. Like I said before, he does not charge enough for his services. Highly recommended.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.