Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pro Street Breakout running light doesn’t work  (Read 657 times)

j_ahlheim

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • HI

Pro Street Breakout running light doesn’t work
« on: March 01, 2019, 12:43:21 AM »

So I purchased a 300 miles 2016 Breakout Pro Street and once I got it home I realized the front right running light doesn’t work. Blinker and hazards work fine but no running light. Ordered LED bulbs and it’s the same. Since the turn signal works I don’t think it could be a fuse. Any ideas before I start pulling wiring?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Pro Street Breakout running light doesn’t work
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 08:37:50 AM »

So I purchased a 300 miles 2016 Breakout Pro Street and once I got it home I realized the front right running light doesn’t work. Blinker and hazards work fine but no running light. Ordered LED bulbs and it’s the same. Since the turn signal works I don’t think it could be a fuse. Any ideas before I start pulling wiring?

The Pro Street came with LED "pucks" standard; are you saying the bike had regular bulbs when you bought it or did you mean you just bought another LED puck to replace the existing one, to see if the puck was defective? 

I don't have access to a wiring diagram for your bike, but if you do it should be easy to determine which wire is for the running light function and test for power starting at the connection to the puck and working back toward the source.  If you don't have access to a wiring diagram it should still be easy to quickly determine which wire handles the running light function with a meter. It could be something as simple as a terminal push-out in a connector or a broken wire.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

k9f

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 03:01:25 AM »

I too am unsure about the 'ordered LED bulbs' bit as they are all LED as standard?

Nevertheless if you can wield a voltmeter register on the site below as an 'independent operator' or put in your VIN and you will have access to your wiring diagrams. The wiring is buried within the bars but the connectors for the front lights are tucked away under your tank but if you unbolt the tank and move it carefully rearwards slightly without the need to disconnect/remove the tank cross feed pipe they are accessible. I replaced the front ones on my Pro Street for Thunderbike ones and gaining access to the connectors was the most irksome part of the task.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/index
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:06:09 AM by k9f »

k9f

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 03:11:04 AM »

I too am unsure about the 'ordered LED bulbs' bit as they are all LED as standard? UK bike lighting is configured differently whereupon only the front headlight is on as a front running light.

Nevertheless if you can wield a voltmeter register on the site below as an 'independent operator' or put in your VIN and you will have access to your wiring diagrams. The wiring is buried within the bars but the connectors for the front lights are tucked away under your tank but if you unbolt the tank and move it carefully rearwards slightly without the need to disconnect/remove the tank cross feed pipe they are accessible. I replaced the front ones on my Pro Street for Thunderbike ones and gaining access to the connectors was the most irksome part of the task.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/index

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.