Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 skunk paint codes  (Read 3367 times)

Ubique041

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SERG
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom....SKUNK
2012 skunk paint codes
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:16:22 PM »

Looking at painting a chopped tour pak and a set of lowers.  Looking for the paint code and type for the black and white.  Already have some parts that could be repainted.....

Any help would be great.
Wishing the riding season was longer.....

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: 2012 skunk paint codes
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 10:59:41 PM »

I have painted something on every CVO I have owned. No problems ever finding the paint, just go to paint store that mixes and sells PPG or a body shop that has mixing station for it. Harley colors I needed were all available by color name that HD uses. Color match is amazing, but spray at the exact pressures/procedures that PPG recommends.
Good luck.

Ubique041

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 08:33:33 AM »

I am really good at the body work and such but suck at spraying.  I am hit and miss on my quality so I'll leave that to the professionals. 

I know it's white gold pearl and I think it's called star fire black but seeing as I am dealing with a tiny HD/Honda/Kawasaki shop in town and nowhere to buy paint, I am looking for the PPG codes....

Already have some parts for it but need them painted...

04screamin

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTSC SCREAMIN EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE BLACK & BLUE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE SCREAMIN EAGLE STREET GLIDE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 08:28:38 PM »

I am really good at the body work and such but suck at spraying.  I am hit and miss on my quality so I'll leave that to the professionals. 

I know it's white gold pearl and I think it's called star fire black but seeing as I am dealing with a tiny HD/Honda/Kawasaki shop in town and nowhere to buy paint, I am looking for the PPG codes....

Already have some parts for it but need them painted...

You can send them to Joe @ Xtreme Dimensions, he can match all CVO paint jobs!!

856-740-5020 tell him Anthony referred you. He is currently working on ordering my stretched bags and rear fender, so he can paint them to match my 2004 SEEG CVO

bigskyroadglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Live like today is your last day
    • MT

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide CVO Skunk
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »

Unless you have a desire to paint the chopped tour pack both white and black. You can buy the chopped tour pack directly from harley.  White gold pearl was an 08 paint and a chopped tour pack is available in that color for about 800, less from an online dealer

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »

Even if you want to tutone your chopped tourpak you should order it, if possible, in the base color from HD. This will save several dollars in prep and paint cost. The colors are very expensive, One pint (out the back door) cost me $70.00 for my 15 and that is not inc thinner etc. So buy it at least one color already painted, scuff the complete tourpak, tape off the section you want to remain that color and spray the new or smaller area color, then peel off the paper from the oe painted section and clear the complete pak, you will already have scuffed it before tapping it off so when painter sprays his clear he will just do the complete pak. This is basically the way all shops blend a door or fender for color match on a car. Works great. You will be sanding and buffing the finish anyway so it will match the finish of the  rest of bike and you are assured of the larger section having a good color match. Most of the time the lower section is the only one tutoned so the lid would require no work and a pint (or less) of your second color is the only paint (not material) you would have to buy.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:32:56 PM by CVODON »

Ubique041

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »

I appreciate all the responses gents....I think I will call Joe and see what he has to say for prices for a razor pack.  I like the two tone and if I go that way then I have to add the airbrushing...

Thanks for all the help

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.