Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wheeldock EZ Up stand  (Read 4048 times)

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
Wheeldock EZ Up stand
« on: May 06, 2012, 08:27:30 AM »

Has anyone here installed an "EZup" center stand on their FLTRXSE?  I got one for my birthday but thinking it's the wrong one and wanted to bounce it off those who have already installed it.  I got the CS-09-L as the wheel dock sites states 1" lower for street glide, and I guess I assumed that since the road glide custom used the same suspension as the street glide that should be the one to go with. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
Re: Wheeldock EZ Up stand
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »

Well I found the info I needed via a phone call back from Wheel Dock this morning.  The CVO models aren't listed on the website but neither version listed 11.75/12.75 will work perfectly on the CVO bikes.  They make an in-between size 12.25" that is for the CVOs but as I stated these aren't yet listed on the site.  If anyone orders a stand please be certain to tell them you have a CVO model bike so they can get you the correct stand.  Thanks

SHRK2TH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Street Glide / Black traded
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / White Starfire Black
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 12:16:03 PM »

Bought one for mine.  Also the bracket that mounts in the trailer for quick detach.  Owner called me after hours
from an email I sent to make sure that I was going to be sent the correct one.  Great service!

redeagle2002

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 11:28:59 AM »

bought the center stand and had slight problem with height, sent an email and the owner called me within 5 minutes,,, great guy,, helped me solve my issues and was on my way, quality of stand is great and very easy to use

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 10:02:57 AM »

bought the center stand and had slight problem with height, sent an email and the owner called me within 5 minutes,,, great guy,, helped me solve my issues and was on my way, quality of stand is great and very easy to use

:worthless:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ptnlinda

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 02:11:53 AM »

Purchased one of these Second Hand on EBay and fitted it to my 2015 FLHTKSE. Works a treat, really easy to use even whilst sitting on the bike. Great to be able to leave the bike upright when packing, cleaning and refueling. Had a Harley Display stand on my previous Ultra's and used it all the time. The only downside I have noticed is the reduced clearance when going up the gutter on my driveway, have to take it nice and careful otherwise the stand scrapes and noticed the reduced clearance the other day whilst hooking into a corner on the way to work. Other than that reckon its a great bit of kit.
2015 FLHTKSE
Fuel Moto Jackpot Headers
2" Muffler Cores
Thunder Max ECM
Detachable's Kit
Stainless Fasteners throughout.

Masterblaster

• Hoka Hey #106
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 08:31:55 AM »

Got the easy up stand for my CVO Limited, makes cleaning a lot easier, oil changes too. The only issue I have is that long dam floorboard getting in the way while bringing the bike up on the stand. I gotta fix this long floorboard mount, it hits my legs when baking out too.
2015 CVO Limited

Hoka Hey Finisher 2010

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »

I bought one direct from Wheeldock for my '07 EG, and it was always difficult to get the bike up on it.  It was well made like all their stuff (love their WheelChock!), but it was tough to use. 
Be very careful when going over speed bumps, especially when you're two-up.  Mine would catch on them or on any kind of wavy hump in asphalt.  As I recall, it also reduced my cornering angle.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »

I thought they wouldn't fit on bikes with cross under the frame exhausts.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Methos1979

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 09:30:07 PM »

I had one on my 2013 RGC and it worked well. But be very careful. You must 'learn' to do it correctly by pressing down the extender arm until it makes contact with the ground then pull back on the bike's bars while only applying GENTLE pressure to the extender arm. If you apply too much downward pressure to this arm you WILL tip the bike over! Also, you want to make sure that you are on VERY even pavement where the center stand legs make contact. If it's too uneven you WILL go over. For instance, at gas stations where the cement slabs often have a nice inch-wide gap right where you park to gas up! You definitely need to get the exact right size. Also, as your tires wear the stand will be a little more challenging to get up onto and you also cannot 'ride off' like advertised as your rear tire will just spin.

I dumped my new bike at least three times due to some of the issues above. That said, if you are aware of the proper procedure and other warnings above, it does work well. Ultimately I found I never used it except in my garage for doing service. When I bought my new CVO all service was included so I opted not to put one on that bike. I will say that the stand is extremely well made and bar none had the easiest installation (and removal) of any part I've EVER installed on a bike!
2013 RGC, Roman Gold & Burnt Emerald, V&H Power Duals, LePera Maverick, MadStad 13" Clear, Sanchos Wings

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.