Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Metra HD01 Bluetooth adapter  (Read 456 times)

Roadking98blue

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

Metra HD01 Bluetooth adapter
« on: September 06, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »

Has anyone tried the Metra HD01 on an old CVO?  I am contemplating installing one on a 2011  Electra Glide ultra CVO. I know I can use the Aux port but looking for something a little cleaner and more integrated. I can’t get a straight answer even from Metra

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Metra HD01 Bluetooth adapter
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:12:06 PM »

As much as one might trust from reviews on Amazon the product's users seem generally well satisfied.  While I like the integrated nature of the way the product being BT to the bike you can spend a lot less and get an equally functional little BT adapter that will just plug in the aux jack on the front of the radio.  Alternatively, for about the same money or just a little more there are some nice aftermarket head units to completely replace your radio.  That would be an option that would add your desired BT along with better output power and a few other bells and whistles as well.

Roadking98blue

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »

Thanks Twolanerider. Kenwwod, Fosgate Aquatics are all options, I just may have access to a BT01 “relatively” cheap but can’t return it. Just curious if anybody has installed one successfully on a CVO.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 09:28:46 PM »

Thanks Twolanerider. Kenwwod, Fosgate Aquatics are all options, I just may have access to a BT01 “relatively” cheap but can’t return it. Just curious if anybody has installed one successfully on a CVO.

Nothing unique to CVO bikes where the HK radio itself is concerned.  The reviews on Amazon are as much to go by as you're likely to find.  If it's cheap (enough) and will add what you want go have some fun with it.  Hell, it's only bike parts money!  That doesn't count  :drink: .

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.