Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Stuck on bugs??????  (Read 20274 times)

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide Tequila Sunrise
Re: Stuck on bugs??????
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »

This stuff works pretty good.

http://www.bugslide.com/

I have to tell you all, this stuff is the best. After trying EVERYTHING out there (to include Pledge). About 2 weeks ago I had a night ride and the bike sat for couple days with the fairing and front end covered with bugs (mainly because I got lazy and did not want to deal with it at the time). I was then at Iron Pony for something I had ordered and saw the Bugslide bottle and remembered what some other people had posted about it and thought I would try it. I was so impressed that I am sold on this stuff BIG TIME. It is a keeper. I even had some tar on the fender and it took it right off. I will continue to use Glare once a year and then for quick detailing and to remove bugs and stuff I am using Bugslide. Bugslide on top of the Glare leaves the bike slick and looking like a mirror. Yes, I know it is a expensive, but IMO it is WELL worth it.... Just say'n...try it...

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 07:40:27 PM »

certainly NOt the miracle worker  as some of the products mentioned .. But I Always carry a damp miracle cloth in a zip lock bag to hit the bad stuff during fuel stops or jus sittin around .. easy to rinse and clean and stow away for the next stop.. keeps em to a minimum .. works for me .. :cucumber: :coolblue: 

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 06:20:06 AM »

certainly NOt the miracle worker  as some of the products mentioned .. But I Always carry a damp miracle cloth in a zip lock bag to hit the bad stuff during fuel stops or jus sittin around .. easy to rinse and clean and stow away for the next stop.. keeps em to a minimum .. works for me .. :cucumber: :coolblue: 
Absolutely.  I know a lot of riders that do this and keep ahead of the bug-buildup in this manner.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Rickasha

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »

certainly NOt the miracle worker  as some of the products mentioned .. But I Always carry a damp miracle cloth in a zip lock bag to hit the bad stuff during fuel stops or jus sittin around .. easy to rinse and clean and stow away for the next stop.. keeps em to a minimum .. works for me .. :cucumber: :coolblue:  
Barefoot,
Is the miracle cloth just a wet microfiber towel??
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:24:10 PM by Rickasha »

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 07:12:32 PM »

I still have a miracle cloth from the PTL days Jim Baker was selling them  for      hundreds of dollars  , they could do anything he claimed .  I will try it on bugs tomorrow....

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 12:21:01 PM »

I still have a miracle cloth from the PTL days Jim Baker was selling them  for      hundreds of dollars  , they could do anything he claimed .  I will try it on bugs tomorrow....

Now that is funny! ;D
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »

Well I ordered the Bug Slide and a bunch of stuff from Griot's.  It's gonna be like Christmas in the Man Cave.  Now I need a water softner and I will be all set.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »

A trick I've learned from my professional auto/motorcycle detailing buddies is to wet down what your working on, then apply Tuff Stuff fabric/vinyl/carpet cleaner to the bug affected area.  Let sit for a couple minutes, but not until dry, and then wash the vehicle using your favorite product.  Virtually no scrubbing and everything pretty much wipes right off.  You can get Tuff Stuff at most retailers including Walmart, Auto Parts stores, etc.  Super gentle foam that works fantastic.  It's also great used on leather seats, at least the tan ones in my Lincoln Towncar.  It even makes the stitching come out looking brand new.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 07:30:53 AM »

I've had good luck with Turtle Wax Bug & Snot remover.......but I gonna try Tuff Stuff
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 02:43:21 PM »

I've had good luck with Turtle Wax Bug & Snot remover.......but I gonna try Tuff Stuff
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »

Someone say"Bugs"  :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »

Guys, Guys, don't work yourselves to death. Prior to making the bug collecting run try this. Spray Pam cooking spray on the front surfaces of your bike ( paint and chrome ). Apply liberally and let dry. When you get to your destination just wash bike as you normally do. Bugs gone and no hard scrubbing. This is an old trucker trick that works. Ever wonder how the NASCAR haulers keep the chrome so clean, now you know.
And this coming from someone that hates to clean his bike. Mr Detail. :D
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

hogasm

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »

I wrap the t-top on the boat with saran wrap before making a long trip......ugly but effective

Don't think saran wrap would look to good on a scooter  :huepfenlol2:

flfishhook

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »

Here in Florida we have the love bug season and if you ride you WILL have  the around of you bike (and face) covered with them. I have a couple of silly friends who wont even ride during "the season", no way am I gonna let a little bug keep me from my therapy sessions. What I do is spray a liberal amount of wd40 on a rag and wipe everything in the front down with it then when I get home everything wipes right off. We even have a contest, everyone put $10 inter pot puts a small paper pie plate on their bike and whoever  have the most bugs on their  plate gets the pot.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »

Someone say"Bugs"  :nixweiss:

:confused5: HOLY CHIT!  That would drive me nuts, that's crazy!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.