Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ TRI GLIDE

Which aftermarket seats are best

<< < (2/2)

Ironhorse:
I have learned that with seats you have to try them yourself, and not go on other peoples experience. On my '95 Ultra I had the Road Sofa and liked it.  When I got my '01 Ultra I got another Road Sofa and liked it so much I kept it when I got my '06.  However over the miles and years all the padding was broken down and I had to throw a sheepskin cover on it.

Over here on CVO the site everyone was talking about Corbin seats.  So I went to Corbin and had a seat made while I waited.  It was uncomfortable, too hard for my skinny boney butt.  After a couple thousand miles I got an AirHawk pad, which worked well.  However the AirHawk ruined the lines and appearance of the Corbin, so I went back to the worn out Road Sofa.

One day I was at a bike event and the Saddlemen folks were there.  I asked them if they could rebuild my seat.  When I told them it was 12 years old with over 100k miles on two bikes they laughed.  They had never seen one go that long.  They offered me a NEW seat in exchange for the old one.  They wanted to take my old one back to the shop, disassemble it and study the breakdown and wear patterns.  I jumped at this opportunity!  So far the ONLY change I made to the RoadSofa was to have the sides narrowed and tapered to help me flat foot it, and the addition of a BeadRider cover in the summer for ventilation.

Seats are subjective, the best way to know if you will like it is to try it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version