Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Indian Ride Command Touchscreen Rocks  (Read 5358 times)

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
Indian Ride Command Touchscreen Rocks
« on: July 26, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »

This video says it all:

https://youtu.be/EhdNVjnIDHg

Wouldn't it be nice if Harley implemented pinch to zoom?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:16:31 PM by WildClyde »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Indian Ride Command Touchscreen Rocks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:19:13 PM »

Looks much better.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 07:39:57 PM »

I love technology but really do not see the pinch to zoom being worth anything on a bike, Does not work well with gloves, takes to much direct focus to use EVER while in motion.
I think the joy sticks are best option currently for a bike.
Just my opinion.

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 08:15:58 PM »

I get that some folks don't want to let move their hands off of the bars while riding, but what about when you are parked?

It's not only pinch to zoom (it looked like it worked fine with gloves in the video) that is attractive to me, but also the ability to move the map around with one finger.

The Indian system also seems to react more quickly.

Another plus is Bluetooth headset support, and a minus is lack of a built-in Sirius XM tuner.

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »

And free map updates for 3 years! :2vrolijk_21:  Looks great to me, but I'll have to see owner's reports, how it functions.  Of course my 12 CVO has lifetime updates, at least until Garmin says no! :confused5:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 11:45:12 PM »

I like it! Just wish I liked the looks of the bikes but that system seems very cool
Alan

ultrarider123

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 07:08:35 AM »

I like it.  Bigger screen, faster response and actual substantial buttons.  It looks nice to me.  As for the pinch and zoom, not a deal breaker for me but shows that Indian/Polaris is thinking about the rider.

Will be interesting to see how the Indian Ride Command unit works in the real world initially verses the issues the MoCo had with the infotainment system.

One thing with the Indian Ride Command, there is MUCH more information available through their screen than the Boom Info. with the MoCo.  I'm very happy with the Boom system but Harley missed the boat when it came to actual information.  Ambient temp, oil pressure and when the cylinder defeat is on/off....that's it bike wise.  We do get miles to empty but not through the infotainment system.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:14:30 AM by Haird »

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »

I like it.  Bigger screen, faster response and actual substantial buttons.  It looks nice to me.  As for the pinch and zoom, not a deal breaker for me but shows that Indian/Polaris is thinking about the rider.

Will be interesting to see how the Indian Ride Command unit works in the real world initially verses the issues the MoCo had with the infotainment system.

I would not doubt an issue or two but that did not stop me from buying a CVO. Looks awful big but at my age I need big. I like my Indian motorcycles.

I hear a few here do not like the looks of some of the Indian models and they are welcome to their opinions but in the general public these thing draw much more positive attention than any model Harley. I am sure some of it is the newness of the revived Indians but I swear you can not go anywhere whiteout people taking top your time to ask questions and admire the bikes.

When it comes time for my 2014 CVO Limited to be traded in I will consider the Roadmaster as a replacement.

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 03:20:35 AM »

Rode one on Vegas recently won't ride another. Hotter than a HD in Vegas temps and was ok but a definite step down on comfort, fittings and all round functionality IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 08:38:40 AM »

I would not doubt an issue or two but that did not stop me from buying a CVO. Looks awful big but at my age I need big. I like my Indian motorcycles.

I hear a few here do not like the looks of some of the Indian models and they are welcome to their opinions but in the general public these thing draw much more positive attention than any model Harley. I am sure some of it is the newness of the revived Indians but I swear you can not go anywhere whiteout people taking top your time to ask questions and admire the bikes.

When it comes time for my 2014 CVO Limited to be traded in I will consider the Roadmaster as a replacement.

I too love my Polaris. It out performs anything else like it, that I have ever owned. It's my Sapper lawnmower,also made by Polaris.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

RAINEY

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• Apex Oil lab
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 08:44:29 AM »

Looks like a better thought out system all the way around.  I get so frustrated with navigation input.

Jason
2015 CVO Limited

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 08:47:44 PM »

The Indian system did have one thing to work from, or improve on. The HD system was already out there in use when they started development. I am sure someone @Indian took a HD system and tried to improve.
Also to support a post above, I rode one @ Daytona, if you think our bikes are hot? Then ride a Indian. UNcomfortable even in March.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 11:31:25 PM »

I went and looked at one today and I gotta say I thought it was terrible. Very plastic and bulky. As said before "to each their own" but I fir sure don't get it at all. Also found it interesting that the dealer in San Marcos Ca told me they were number 1 in the country a couple of months ago in New bike sales. I knew they sold about 100 Harleys per month so when I asked them how many they sold that month and they told me 18 I was floored..
Again "to each their own"..
Alan

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 04:24:08 PM »

I rode the Indian Roadmaster in 2014 at Sturgis.  Even though the temperature was only 75* and sky was overcast, it was hotter than Hades on that bike--and that was with all the ventilation open.  Was way hotter than an air-cooled RGU.  No way I'm getting a Roadmaster until/if they get that heat under control.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 04:58:07 PM »

Must be a big difference between models. I have a friend who gave up his Road King for a like model Indian. He rode in towing a heavy tent trailer and I was amazed how Cool his motor was right when he arrived. Much cooler than mine. I was also pulling a like tent trailer. His had no fairing and no lowers, just the big windshield like the RK comes with.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.