Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: 09 FLTRSE3 Dyno Results  (Read 66609 times)

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: 09 FLTRSE3 Dyno Results
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »

WOW, More Stuff
I am scheduled on the dyno tomorrow morn. My 09 SERG is still stock with exception of the 2" Fullsac cores. They are installed. So with 650 mi booked, I figured it was bout time to find out what this rag would do stock. Luckily I am blessed with a flat out 20 mi black top, back road, perfectly legal for race runs..... Honest....    So I warmed up the SERG and ran it up, I can only report that in top gear at 4200 RPM the top speed is 120mph. We held the throttle wide open, and that was it for 5-6 min on a very long black top road, sorry gentlemen. The real problem is passing speed, from 90-110 took a very long time to gain speed. This is not a machine that could pass several vehicles in any kind of a head wind stock. So it needs some adjustments. Simply put, this engine has been "DETUNED" by HD to satisfy the environmental waccos.  Sorry folks... it is what it is......
My experience has been that a 1800cc engine (retuned engine) should run up to 135 mph at 4500 RPM. And when you pull out in that pass zone at 70mph you should run up over 95mph when you look back down at the speedo prior to cutting back into your lane.

That's 100HP and 110TQ. That's where I want to be.... minimum.

So follow Jim's lead, that's where he seems to be....

I will step it through each mod with dynos, as long as the wife doesn't find out......   :-*

This 110 should produce 100HP and 112 ft/lbs of Torque. That's what I know.... But, What the hell do I know, anyway?

Wait till you see the disappointing results of my stock dyno results tomorrow eve, then you will know where we can go, where Jim is.........

Thanks bro...
The impossible just takes a little longer

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2008, 08:39:11 PM »

Now for the GOOD NEWS,

This bike is incredible... The new frame is eveything... and more than it has been hyped up to be. For a tour bike this ride handles like nothing I have ever been on, in the same class.

It ABSOLUTELY loves to corner even at very high speeds. Just push down on that left handle and you lean left.... away you go.... VERY NICE....

No longer do I feel trapped in that straight line and struggle to turn in the corners at high speeds......

Ran home this eve., was pushing it at 90 plus, straigh ahead... a large carboard box..... push down on the left bar,the bike leans... go with it, around the box...., push down on the right bar...back right we go..... ease up on the right bar and center we go on down the road. My prior Jap bike would NEVER DO THIS.

Now don't go out and repeat this... I want to say here and now, you will surely place your life in jepordy. And whatever you do, never speed or break the law in any way! Really, I mean it!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:28:03 PM by Iglide »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2008, 10:12:38 PM »

Now for the GOOD NEWS,

This bike is incredible... The new frame is eveything... and more than it has been hyped up to be. For a tour bike this ride handles like nothing I have ever been on, in the same class.

It ABSOLUTELY loves to corner even at very high speeds. Just push down on that left handle and you lean left.... away you go.... VERY NICE....

No longer do I feel trapped in that straight line and struggle to turn in the corners at high speeds......

Ran home this eve., was pushing it at 90 plus, straigh ahead... a large carboard box..... push down on the left bar,the bike leans... go with it, around the box...., push down on the right bar...back right we go..... ease up on the right bar and center we go on down the road. My prior Jap bike would NEVER DO THIS.

Now don't go out and repeat this... I want to say here and now, you will surely place your life in jepordy. And whatever you do, never speed or break the law in any way! Really, I mean it!

Who the hell in their right mind would ever do that anyway? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I would!!! Every day of the week!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »

Interesting Info iglide.  I had similar performance issues, which is what started me on the quest to unlock the power.  I can easily hit 100+ on my bike in 4th gear after the mods and it keeps going.  Can't do much more than that in Chicago :nixweiss: 

I'm still getting use to passing though.  I put the hammer down and when I look back I don't see any cars? First few times I passed I didn't realize the dots in my mirror were the cars I just went by.  I kept glancing over wondering what happened to them.  Note to self, don't need full throttle to pass anymore :2vrolijk_21:

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2008, 11:29:01 PM »

Yeah Jim, I'm with ya,..... now.... you will never be satisfied with anything less.

Dots.... Damn they never got that small for me............ Can't wait to repeat your modification model......

And folks round here thought I was crazy....

What the hell do I know anyway.....

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2008, 11:36:48 PM »

I would!!! Every day of the week!!!   

Hoist!

Not me Hoist, you must be out of your mind!!!!!

Why don't you just fall into line with all the others steering a-r-o-u-n-d the corners???

That way if one goes down, everyone can have a big party in the hospital TOGETHER !!!

What's up with you, don't you like crowds......???  Pervert

Honestly Hoist, I appreciate the help you have given me in the PM's
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:47:46 PM by Iglide »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »

I would!!! Every day of the week!!!   

Hoist!

Not me Hoist, you must be out of your mind!!!!!

Why don't you just fall into line with all the others steering a-r-o-u-n-d the corners???

That way if one goes down, everyone can have a big party in the hospital TOGETHER !!!

What's up with you, don't you like crowds......???  Pervert

Honestly Hoist, I appreciate the help you have given me in the PM's

There lies the difference I guess! Never cared to fall in line with others. Some are Cows and follow, some are Rhinos that lead! I'm a Rhino bro!!! I don't mind crowds if I like the people. Otherwise not much for crowds! And save the hospitals for those who need care! I'm not up to that yet! ;)

Happy to help man! :2vrolijk_21:
Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »

You're gonna love this.....

Took the Glide to the HD dealer this morn, he put it on the dyno and made a couple of pulls....

When he finished he went to his puter to run the chart, we met back at the service desk and he handed me the curve.

As I glanced at it, the service tech was making an exit stage left..... Holding back the laughter, I called him back and a discussion ensued.

What a complete waste of time!

The numbers were:

Power: 98.4
Torque: 129.3

In the end there was no charge, and.... well...... I bought a cool cap! 

Back to square one. I am very close to making all the upgrades at once and taking it to Dallas for a tune.
I will chew on it, this week.....  Damn I'm gonna have to catch a break here somewhere  :-\
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:33:51 PM by Iglide »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2008, 12:55:16 PM »

You're gonna love this.....

The numbers were:

In the end there was no charge, and.... well...... I bought a cool cap! 

Dyno on 'roids :drink: .

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2008, 01:46:33 PM »

The numbers were:

When I was hanging around with my tuner we were chatting about Dyno's.  He said there isn't a standard for Dyno manufacturers to follow.  He also said a lot of them are intentionally set to air on the high side so owners feel good about their bikes and can brag to their friends.  If these numbers were accurate you'd be bragging big time.  129.3 LB TQ would be awesome.  You'd sure feel that if you had it. 

I'd definitely move away form this place and go to a more legit shop.  Can't believe they even gave you those results. 

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2008, 02:35:51 PM »

During our conversation he mentioned that he didn't believe the numbers either, but their dyno repair man said the numbers were good.

And I've got some prime farm land in Alaska on the side of a mountain....

Having that knowledge prior to, I can't believe he even scheduled me an appointment. I checked the mirror when I got home and I didn't see idiot written across my forehead...

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2008, 05:04:46 PM »

something is wrong here,....counter steering is .............push to the right and go left,... push to left go to the right :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2008, 05:24:54 PM »

I guess it's all how you look at it...laylonlor

Yes they taught me that too, but it held me back.... First and foremost, everyone has to ride within their own abilities... Do what works for you, if your current riding style isn't working; don't stay there in that long line of bikes steering through the corners..... (Needles, Iron Mtn, the ride to Sheridan / Legion Lk, Badlands, etc..) try something differant... Bear in mind, if one of the folks up front goes down... You all go down... well most of ya anyway.

Crap, I'm just some guy from the "show me state", what the hell do I know anyway....

For me I don't so much push out and away horizontally with my left hand/grip (steer right) to turn left. It works better for me to think in terms of pushing down towards the pavement with my left hand/grip to lean the bike left....
I don't believe I have ever turned that front wheel when traveling over.. say 30 mph. The only thing I can get it to do is lean......

I also counterweight my torso, guess that's from my old dirt bike days...

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:31:52 PM by Iglide »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2008, 11:27:19 PM »

yea that counter steering is way more noticeable on a sport bike, cause the bars are low and your laying down more, and your usally running faster in the curves, don't notice on my seeg much either

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2008, 08:28:43 PM »

Gentlemen,

THIS DOG HUNTS.....

The bike I bought weeks ago, doesn't live here anymore........ 

After the 2" Fullsac cores, the Cat Drill, Heavy Breather install (with custom breather bolts), Race Tuner with canned map (yet to be tuned), this bike really has a heart. Man, it wants to ROLL !!

Ran it hard this eve. after I worked through the Heavy Breather issues....   And

It loves to run at 3500-4500 RPM......

5th gear gets you 90mph @ 4000 RPM
6th gear gets you 100mph @ 4000RPM

At 4500 RPM in 6th the spedo is buried past the 120mph mark, my guess is it's running in excess of 130 mph

What's important to me is the passing lane. You pull out in 5th and accelerate to 4500 you have all kinds of head room into 6th gear to "get gone" and back into your lane.

This bike "Rocks" and it hasn't been tuned yet. Will do that Saturday, in Dallas, weather permitting.

After I "let her run" I checked the crank case temp oh yes... 245 deg F.

And 1 week ago before the drill... 270 deg. F

What's wrong with that picture??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 25 queries.