Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 07' Front Fender Replacement  (Read 1932 times)

bbbld

07' Front Fender Replacement
« on: April 13, 2022, 04:11:27 PM »

I have a beautiful 07' FXSTSSE and wanted to save the skins after having my bike shipped (military) and having several scratches put on the bike.  I purchased all new skins and had them repainted (I kept the original parts).  The tank and rear fender fit like a glove but the front fender did not.  The new front fender part number is 59176-96A and I was assured by several people (HD and Non-HD) that this would fit my 07' FXSTSSE but it does not.  I also purchase another front fender from different vendor and the part I received clearly isn't like the original.  Has anyone ran into this before? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
Re: 07' Front Fender Replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 04:33:24 AM »

I presume you have looked at Ronnie's HD online parts finder ? The exploded diagrams and part # sheets are invaluable.

I got really useful info from it when rebuilding a front end on a 2008 CVO Springer a coupla years back. (I was able to use a whole bunch of Crossbones parts !)

19 inch front and yours is 21 inch of course. Not the same front fender.

I would reckon the 21 inch Springer front fender is unique to the 21 inch bikes ( both CVO and non CVO).
No illegitimi carborundum

bbbld

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 07:35:49 PM »

When I attempted the initial front fender install with the new part, I did look at Ronnie's HD parts to try to work how to put together but I must have screwed it up.  The new part that I had painted does look a lot different from the original 2007 FXSTSSE front fender but after installing and double checking myself with Ronnie's HD, the part fits and looks really good. I do appreciate your help gmeikle and wish you a great day and safe riding future. 

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 12:19:51 AM »

You are welcome Sir. Glad I may have helped a wee bit , even from Perth Western Australia !
No illegitimi carborundum

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.