CVO Technical > Drive Train

M8 transmission breather kit

<< < (2/2)

RivRaptor:
template

johnmowcop:
Thanks for your advice. Do you know if the HD kit has a HD part number. Is it the same part number for all models. How much is it going to be.
Am I going to be drilling holes into the transmission case or the top cover, been looking at videos on YouTube, I am still not clear. Rivraptor, your photographs look like I will need to remove the primary chain cover and drill through into the gearbox, is that correct. If so what happens to the swarf, do I have to dismantle the gearbox to remove the swarf.
Regards
JohnT

KGB:

--- Quote from: johnmowcop on June 30, 2023, 02:36:44 PM ---Thanks for your advice. Do you know if the HD kit has a HD part number. Is it the same part number for all models. How much is it going to be.
Am I going to be drilling holes into the transmission case or the top cover, been looking at videos on YouTube, I am still not clear. Rivraptor, your photographs look like I will need to remove the primary chain cover and drill through into the gearbox, is that correct. If so what happens to the swarf, do I have to dismantle the gearbox to remove the swarf.
Regards
JohnT

--- End quote ---

Part number is 26500027

mjb765:

--- Quote from: johnmowcop on June 30, 2023, 02:36:44 PM ---Thanks for your advice. Do you know if the HD kit has a HD part number. Is it the same part number for all models. How much is it going to be.
Regards
JohnT

--- End quote ---

You are drilling through the primary case behind the starter. Here are the instructions.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/1280946960640898220

RivRaptor:
As other members have said yes, you remove the primary cover and will be drilling in the upper right corner where the template will show you.  Make sure you cover the clutch assembly to catch the metal bits and have some new primary fluid on hand for refill.  A new or sharp drill bit plus a center punch to mark the spot and keep the drill bit centered will help. It's not so bad you'll be fine!  Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version