Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: New CVO Streetglide: Auxiliary lights or not?  (Read 23758 times)

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
Re: New CVO Streetglide: Auxiliary lights or not?
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2014, 09:02:06 PM »

Jesse, there is a plug where the rear harness joins the rest of the harness. In other words, you plug the front harness into the in side of the equalizer & plug the rear harness into the out side of the equalizer & then the equalizer has to be attached to the battery.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »

Jesse, there is a plug where the rear harness joins the rest of the harness. In other words, you plug the front harness into the in side of the equalizer & plug the rear harness into the out side of the equalizer & then the equalizer has to be attached to the battery.

I think that's the same plug I tap into with a Y connector for my tour pak led light bar?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2014, 09:07:24 PM »

Might be.......you thinking about getting front LED's?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

Might be.......you thinking about getting front LED's?

My plan has always been to add the dynamic ringz to my Phase 7 headlamp. Love the look and the added light. Just adding the LED headlamp has greatly reduced the amount of ppl pulling or almost pulling out in front of me. Never liked the look of non led bulbs (the turn signals) mixed with LED.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2014, 09:19:52 PM »

I don't have a LED headlight or passing lamps but I was really shocked at how bright that those little turn signal lights are. All of my friends say that when we ride that they can easily pick me out in the crowd so apparently they are distinct. Maybe this winter I'll do the others in LED's but that's a lot of change. Does it ever end with these things? :nixweiss:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

I don't have a LED headlight or passing lamps but I was really shocked at how bright that those little turn signal lights are. All of my friends say that when we ride that they can easily pick me out in the crowd so apparently they are distinct. Maybe this winter I'll do the others in LED's but that's a lot of change. Does it ever end with these things? :nixweiss:

NO! lol  :coolblue:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »

I had the Rings..  No comparison to the led passing lamps,,,  you are only fooling yourself to think they are even close.  Just saying.  Stuart.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »

I had the Rings..  No comparison to the led passing lamps,,,  you are only fooling yourself to think they are even close.  Just saying.  Stuart.
I'm not doing it for added light.  I don't like the look of incandescent bulbs mixed with the led headlight.  I could care less about added light let the helmet and light police worry about that ;)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2014, 11:44:27 PM »

It's gonna be a real rats' nest on Honey Badger! I am getting CD's brake modulator, too. It will also daisy-chain into that connector in the big harness on the rear fender... after the load equalizer.

While I was ordering that stuff from CD, I also ordered a set of their little battery connection blocks that will connect up to four accessory wires with only a single wire to the battery. They are fused with a 15 amp inline fuse. I have a stack of connections to my battery already, and I don't even remember what they are all for! The equalizer will add one more. The blocks will move all of those wire connections away from the battery, except for the Battery Tender wires. That will clean things up a BIT in there.

Ken
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:47:15 PM by North Georgia Hawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »

Yep, wish I could have gotten the turns in LED too, but HD doesn't make them. That's why I just went with the chrome rings and the Grey instead of Amber.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2014, 04:59:34 PM »

Might I suggest, buy the dynamic rings and install, then give your bike a day or so of "learning" the new turn signals.  Mine ended up not needing the device, whatever it's called, stabalizer or ??

More in a few min once I edit the photos.

Greg
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2014, 05:27:10 PM »

Just installed the 7 inch trucklite from an eBay seller, about $160 delivered.  Got the dynamic ringz from an Amazon seller for about $75.

Streetglide headlight has a y-cable of some sort, but the H4 plug is all you need, just remove the Y or leave it in the fairing.

Install was straightforward.  No gimmicks, no "holding your mouth right" just take out the old and put in the new.

I also installed the Harley frenched or deep trim ring.  Again, no proiblems encountered.  It goes on over the stock trim ring.  Install light, tighten bracket.  Install single screw in stock trim ring loosely, remove screw in deep trim ring and slip over stock, put the crack at the bottom so you can get a small screwdriver on the stock trim ring screw, tighten, but don't Gorilla it.  Push new trim ring together at the crack and insert screw and tighten till crack is flush.

Dynamic Rings go in the stock bullet turn signal housings, just insert the 1157 plug in the hold and twist.  Then feed the wire in a coil behind and snap on the lens.

Turn on 4-ways, each turn signal several times and it will soon stop with the fast blink, at least mine did.

One of the easier mods I've done.  About an hour, but I took my outer fairing off thinking I needed to to remove the y-cable (you don't).
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2014, 05:32:21 PM »

Just installed the 7 inch trucklite from an eBay seller, about $160 delivered.  Got the dynamic ringz from an Amazon seller for about $75.

Streetglide headlight has a y-cable of some sort, but the H4 plug is all you need, just remove the Y or leave it in the fairing.

Install was straightforward.  No gimmicks, no "holding your mouth right" just take out the old and put in the new.

I also installed the Harley frenched or deep trim ring.  Again, no proiblems encountered.  It goes on over the stock trim ring.  Install light, tighten bracket.  Install single screw in stock trim ring loosely, remove screw in deep trim ring and slip over stock, put the crack at the bottom so you can get a small screwdriver on the stock trim ring screw, tighten, but don't Gorilla it.  Push new trim ring together at the crack and insert screw and tighten till crack is flush.

Dynamic Rings go in the stock bullet turn signal housings, just insert the 1157 plug in the hold and twist.  Then feed the wire in a coil behind and snap on the lens.

Turn on 4-ways, each turn signal several times and it will soon stop with the fast blink, at least mine did.

One of the easier mods I've done.  About an hour, but I took my outer fairing off thinking I needed to to remove the y-cable (you don't).

I wouldn't go anywhere without my Phase 7 headlamp. Interesting that you didn't need the load equalizer...

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2014, 08:55:18 PM »

Passing lamps on the front balance the bike and they definitely have the benefit of cars pulling out in front of me less often.  I can't be all wrong, after all I did get first place and a nice trophy  :pepper:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »

Passing lamps on the front balance the bike and they definitely have the benefit of cars pulling out in front of me less often.  I can't be all wrong, after all I did get first place and a nice trophy  :pepper:

Judy

Just remember next year your in charge!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 20 queries.