Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Rineharts  (Read 5158 times)

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
Re: Rineharts
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2005, 12:48:06 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
  The 2 1/2" Baffles, or loud ones, will produce the desired result on 103's and larger.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Yeah, I'm considering selling the 2" ones to someone with an 88.
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2005, 12:53:20 PM »

Yeah, I'm considering selling the 2" ones to someone with an 88.

Sure would be interesting to see ya dyno the 2" and 2.5" when ya get yours dynotuned....you could do a before and after, which should be included in your dyno cost anyway.

elvis

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2005, 01:18:48 PM »

As far as the Freedom package goes. I was an unbeliever. There, I said it Chip. Now I am stuck in trial and error land with my Rineharts and what to do with my ECM. I say go for the Freedom package. Buy some Chrome Rinehart tips vs. rotating the Freedom ones.

[smiley=jalapeno.gif]
I love these smilies

Osmacat

Your not stuck, talk to 04HD103 or anyone else with the Rinharts, R/T and S/E breather, or with the PClll. With the right tuner you can have your cake and eat it to. With YELLOW icing!

And Tater

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
 The 2 1/2" Baffles, or loud ones, will produce the desired result on 103's and larger.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

It's more than just the pipes. It's the combination!
Send him to Neal. He's tha man on the dyno!

And Osmacat
Been thinking about the true duals on the 100th Classic.
Considering the Freedoms but would take some Rineharts w/2" baffles for a deal if you want to change. I put S/Eagles on it to keep it all Harley, but I'm tired of them now!

[smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif]--->where's that cherry?

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2005, 01:23:03 PM »

hd2003, when the wife and I first started dating, used to have a dirt bike.  Get bored at nite, head out in the hills and start climbing in the dark.  Bike would be standing straight up on back wheel, headlite in the sky, and she had blind faith that I wouldn't bring it down on some mule dear in the quakies.

Yep

Just as I thought there Striker
You were crazy then!
And that's a good thing.
Love those dirt bikes.
Makes us all a better rider!

[smiley=vrolijk27.gif]---> where's that cherry?

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2005, 11:11:26 AM »

I have always been into looks and sound. But I went with a 2 into 1 exhaust. I chose a Hooker exhaust system, and added a high flowing airfilter and power commander. I had the fuel injection mapped at Carls speed shop in Daytona Beach. After all was said and done I dropped $ 1400.00 for everything . 100 hp and 103 ft lbs of torque at 5500 rpm.
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2005, 11:30:23 AM »

Maverick

Good #'s Bud!

[smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]---> where's that cherry and blacberry? [smiley=vrolijk27.gif]

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2005, 07:48:12 AM »

Bub said they had no dyno run on a 103 with quiet baffle to show me and that the quiet was designed for the 88ci....anybody using it on their 103 that also has experience with the performance baffle on their Rineharts?

I went from the standard 2-1/4" to the 2-1/2"...the HP and TQ gain was +7 each.  Not bad for a $99 addition.  But I don't have stock heads, pistons and cams.  Like the sound of the performance baffles better too...has a deeper exhaust note.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2005, 07:51:21 AM »

I went from the standard 2-1/4" to the 2-1/2"...the HP and TQ gain was +7 each.  Not bad for a $99 addition.  But I don't have stock heads, pistons and cams.  Like the sound of the performance baffles better too...has a deeper exhaust note.

TallyKing, did the powerband move up in the RPM range much with the change?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2005, 10:22:17 AM »

TallyKing, did the powerband move up in the RPM range much with the change?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   spyder

No, not at all.  Comparing the before and after dyno sheets, they are actually almost identical up to about 3,500 rpm's...from there the HP and TQ begin to increase at a higher rate with the 2-1/2 inchers.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2005, 06:55:24 PM »

No, not at all.  Comparing the before and after dyno sheets, they are actually almost identical up to about 3,500 rpm's...from there the HP and TQ begin to increase at a higher rate with the 2-1/2 inchers.

Well, then 'what's the down-side' to using the larger baffle?  Other than shelling out the add'l. $100 bucks?  Am I missing something that I need to consider before changing from medium to large?   Seems like it's too good to be true    [smiley=nervous.gif]   Har!   spyder   [smiley=confused.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2005, 07:17:33 PM »

Well, then 'what's the down-side' to using the larger baffle?  Other than shelling out the add'l. $100 bucks?  Am I missing something that I need to consider before changing from medium to large?   Seems like it's too good to be true    [smiley=nervous.gif]   Har!   spyder   [smiley=confused.gif]

From where I sit, there is no down side...a little louder maybe, but definitely a better sound (IMHO), and more power/torque.  Now, that may not be so on a stock motor...I don't know...I'm very happy with the change[smiley=vrolijk_4.gif]and think that the minimal investment was well worth it.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.