Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: adjustment or replacement handle bars on a 07 seultra  (Read 1017 times)

crunch29

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 seultra, red and black, D&D fat cat,SE Ventilator air cleaner, se pro tuner,Pro 110 performance upgrade
adjustment or replacement handle bars on a 07 seultra
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:26:35 PM »

I'd like have my bars a bit taller. Can one adjust the stock bars up slightly by rotating them forward? Or would I be better off in replacing my bars with new.  I'm 6'4" and when turning around or making a sharp corner I find my knees in the way. If my bars were an inch or so taller it would help a bunch.

Has anyone replaced there bars for this reason? if so what bars did you purchase and did you need to replace any cables?

Thanks in advance for any help

Crunch

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: adjustment or replacement handle bars on a 07 seultra
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:32:41 PM »

I'd like have my bars a bit taller. Can one adjust the stock bars up slightly by rotating them forward? Or would I be better off in replacing my bars with new.  I'm 6'4" and when turning around or making a sharp corner I find my knees in the way. If my bars were an inch or so taller it would help a bunch.

Has anyone replaced there bars for this reason? if so what bars did you purchase and did you need to replace any cables?

Thanks in advance for any help

Crunch

I have the same problem on my 07 SEUC.  I just put my knee out a little.  I know that's not supposed to be kosher for slow speed turns, but I haven't had any problems with it.  I actually like the comfort with the bars at the level that they are at, however, I think that if they were tilted forward a little, it might give the clearance that I would need to clear my knees.   :nixweiss:  Doesn't really bother me though.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: adjustment or replacement handle bars on a 07 seultra
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:55:43 PM »

I just replaced the handlebars on my 08 SEUC and went with the Wild 1 575's.  They are about an inch higher, about an 1.5 inches wider and about two inches back.  I really like them.

There have been a few here that have used the original clutch & break lines.  My break line is fine, but the clutch is too short.  I re-routed it, but I don't like the way it is routed.  So, I ordered a longer clutch line today and should have it next week.  The new clutch line will cost $88.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.