Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: I want spots all the time  (Read 17607 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: I want spots all the time
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 11:09:23 PM »

And that's a good thing.  You do not want to find out how much leather can be quickly and almost permanently sucked up your ass when a fuse blows that suddenly lands you in the deafening darkness of having neither headlights nor spots in the middle of a long sweeping turn on a dark moonless night.  You might as well just buy a new seat when that happens.

2ln, you were next on my call list.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 11:13:38 PM »

Looks like you got a good description back there.  But call anytime.  Not a thing. :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 11:14:46 PM »

Actually, I misspoke, or mistyped...it's not really a seperate circuit, but only has a very minimal current draw from the ass end of the bike.  Even with the bulb change in the Aux lights, you'll be well under 10Amps and it has a 15amp fuse...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 11:22:51 PM »

And that's a good thing.  You do not want to find out how much leather can be quickly and almost permanently sucked up your ass when a fuse blows

not only  permenent but the orstrich borg like ramifications of said such sucking up on the '07's could actually hurt :huepfenlol2:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 11:28:59 PM »

Actually, I misspoke, or mistyped...it's not really a seperate circuit, but only has a very minimal current draw from the ass end of the bike.  Even with the bulb change in the Aux lights, you'll be well under 10Amps and it has a 15amp fuse...

Separate from the headlights though.  And that's the goal.  Want to eliminate the possibility of losing them both at the same time due to a single popped fuse.

I made mine behave even a bit differently than that.  Mine still go on and off with the headlights in a normal fashion (it's part of the state safety inspection here and I really just didn't want to screw with it).  But used a relay pack such that if the headlight fuse pops the spots will come on automatically.  So even if the headlights are suddenly lost while in high beam the spots will still come on automatically.  So the on/off relative to high beam function stayed normal but they'll never leave me dark if the headlight fuse suddenly blows.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »

not only  permenent but the orstrich borg like ramifications of said such sucking up on the '07's could actually hurt :huepfenlol2:

gawdammit, there's a mouthful of soda I'll never get back

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2007, 11:34:45 PM »

And that's a good thing.  You do not want to find out how much leather can be quickly and almost permanently sucked up your ass when a fuse blows

Gene, you have such a way with words!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2007, 11:39:09 PM »

Sure Mark (07CVO) now you show up after all the fun!

This is the conncetor where the yellow wire is. Tim is pointing to the side towards the fairing not the side that needs to be cut. It is pin #2 in the 16 pin harness.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2007, 11:41:42 PM »

In the above picture you can see the blue/black plug. Here is a close up. ( or at least I think it is )

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »

I was in my bike shop  (say fancy shed) at the rear of the property when I finished this project.  It was about that time I heard my daughter screaming (just loud, not in horror), exclaiming the garage door was trying to crush our cat.  Needless to say, as I was testing all this wonderful stuff, flipping the high and low beam, little did I know, my programmed switch was opening and closing the garage door.   I was laughing hysterically when I saw that one, reminded my of a tv commercial about "what does this switch do honey?"  
Rhino

:worthless: :dier_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Rhino

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2007, 05:20:03 AM »

Hey Hard 10,

You are close, but that is not the right wire harness. It is the harness on the left side. Just thought I would post this so no one ventures into this cut too soon.

Rhino

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »

HD-dude’s suggestion gets my vote for a couple of reasons; simple and effective.

The Orange/Red wire on terminal 4 of the accessory switch is the main fused P&A accessory circuit and is switched only by the ignition switch. Dude’s method gets the spotlamps off the headlamp circuit. This can be useful in case of an issue with the headlamp circuit /fuse.

The front fender tip lamp is on the headlamp circuit so if there were an issue with the lighting circuit, the spots would also be affected.

djkak

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »

HD-dude’s suggestion gets my vote for a couple of reasons; simple and effective.

The Orange/Red wire on terminal 4 of the accessory switch is the main fused P&A accessory circuit and is switched only by the ignition switch. Dude’s method gets the spotlamps off the headlamp circuit. This can be useful in case of an issue with the headlamp circuit /fuse.

The front fender tip lamp is on the headlamp circuit so if there were an issue with the lighting circuit, the spots would also be affected.

djkak

The fender tip pigtail is not on the headlamp circuit, but it's own 15 amp fuse....I blew the fuse with test probes, that's how I know.  This circuit feeds all the Close Encounter lights on a regular ultra classic's front fender.

TTS Mastertune

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2007, 12:35:07 PM »

The fender tip pigtail is not on the headlamp circuit, but it's own 15 amp fuse....I blew the fuse with test probes, that's how I know.  This circuit feeds all the Close Encounter lights on a regular ultra classic's front fender.

Thanks TCnBham, that is correct. The late model machines have the headlamp on a circuit independent of the other lighting. It looks like 2003 was the first year for this in the Touring Platform.

The lighting circuit which the fender tip light is apart of would be a good option for powering up the spotlamps.

Regarding my posted reply above; in the words of Gilda Radner’s character, (Emily?) on Saturday Night Live; “Never mind”.

djkak

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2007, 12:46:38 PM »

Thanks TCnBham, that is correct. The late model machines have the headlamp on a circuit independent of the other lighting. It looks like 2003 was the first year for this in the Touring Platform.

The lighting circuit which the fender tip light is apart of would be a good option for powering up the spotlamps.

Regarding my posted reply above; in the words of Gilda Radner’s character, (Emily?) on Saturday Night Live; “Never mind”.

djkak

I have the advantage of not having my head cluttered up with prior model year stuff, as the only other HD I've owned was an old Panhead chopper, and it barely HAD wires... ;D ;)

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.