Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black Friday sale 30% off - BS  (Read 987 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Black Friday sale 30% off - BS
« on: November 30, 2008, 10:27:35 PM »

So, one of my local dealers had a black Friday sale, advertising 30% off all in stock items from 8-1, then 20% from 1pm 7pm.

Have to say I was disappointed but not surprised that all the racks were filled with the typical "tent sale" stuff. Lots of XS size jackets as well a a fair share of 2 and 3x.

Only the ugliest of the boot collection, hardly any rain gear NO FXRG stuff except for one nylon 3x Tall jacket.

I did manage to find headlight, spotlight and turn signal visors that I would not have bought had it not been for the 30% off.
Found a few other trinkets too, but overall sorry I wasted my time.

I did find a seat for LtBawb though, he rode down and tried it out. Got himself a nice "puffy" tallboy seat for under $200, which was not part of the 30% sale, rather it was already on the discount table at 35%.

Any others experience this with their locals?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Black Friday sale 30% off - BS
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:12:45 AM »

So, one of my local dealers had a black Friday sale, advertising 30% off all in stock items from 8-1, then 20% from 1pm 7pm.

Have to say I was disappointed but not surprised that all the racks were filled with the typical "tent sale" stuff. Lots of XS size jackets as well a a fair share of 2 and 3x.

Only the ugliest of the boot collection, hardly any rain gear NO FXRG stuff except for one nylon 3x Tall jacket.

I did manage to find headlight, spotlight and turn signal visors that I would not have bought had it not been for the 30% off.
Found a few other trinkets too, but overall sorry I wasted my time.

I did find a seat for LtBawb though, he rode down and tried it out. Got himself a nice "puffy" tallboy seat for under $200, which was not part of the 30% sale, rather it was already on the discount table at 35%.

Any others experience this with their locals?

My dealer had its 20% off on Black / Orange Friday with an email 5% additional coupon.  So if you're on their email mailer list, you got 25% off everything except bikes and shop labor, I'm sure extended warranty etc were not included.

I got a new orange and black nylon riding jacket, light weight, for 25% off of $109.00.  I bought a pair of the Kevlar riding jeans that they had to order, $59.95 minus the 25%.  They were out of my size so they were glad to order them and still honor the 25% pre pay discount.

They also had their framed pewter bike wall sets for a purchase of $250, not the $350 the MOCO recommends.  This is current through the end of the year on the pewter bike sets.

Doc's HD, Kirkwood, MO.  They have a very good selection of bikes and now have Sunday hours through Christmas from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.  If you're interested in a MSRP price deal, call for Rick Blanner in bike sales, 314-965-0166 and he'll take care of you.

Sorry that was not meant to be an ad, I just really like this place and the people are VERY friendly.  I just had my 5k service and they got my SERK rear wheel replaced for chipped and pitted chrome and the inner primary as well for flaking powdercoating.  The inner chrome primary and powdercoated were the same price so I had the chrome inner installed in place of the original granite powdercoated inner primary.  Believe me, this is a great place.

:soapbox:

It was in the 40's on Friday when I picked up the bike, but I rode it home and then the wife and I rode another 75 miles.  At least it was fairly sunny, but 40's are still 40's.

I hope you all had a great Turkey Day and were thankful for all you have.  There are lots less fortunate.

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:16:23 AM »

I guess I should add that they offered to order several things I asked about for 15% off.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 08:41:14 PM »

Black Friday was a joke Red Tag sale with email coupon 50% on chit you wouldn't buy regularly.

Jo

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:28:03 PM »

The dealer I went to has a wheel that local HOG members could spin. There were free t shirts, hats, oil change, and percentages off from 10% to 50%. I got my Christmas ornament, coffee mug and thermos, and a detachable windshield for my Dyna. Spun the wheel, saying I never have any luck, walked back to the checkout, and heard whooping and hollering. I had spun a 50% discount! With the discount, I went below the $350 to get the "gift" that my husband wanted, so was going to purchase more, but they said I had gotten enough at half off and that the gift was mine. Darn, more Hot Toppers and some decent wheel weights would have been great at half off! lol
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 09:55:13 PM »

Guess I got lucky then.

New Rinehart staggerds for my SEFB for 399.00. There's another set there but they are flush.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.