Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question for AZ Riders  (Read 795 times)

Friscoraydogg

• 2003 FXSTDSE

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE
Question for AZ Riders
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:56:34 AM »

Im thinking about moving to Phoenix. How is it riding there in that heat? Is there periods of time when you dont or cant ride because its too HOT? Im looking for pros and cons too...Right now I live in cold, rainy NW Washington State.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Question for AZ Riders
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:41:09 AM »

We ride all year round.  In the summer we head to Northern Arizona where in elevation the temps are in the 70-80.  In the winter we ride in and around Phoenix or Tucson.  Actually riding in Phoenix during the summer midday is no fun.  Check out this site which detail day rides in the area www.cyclerider.com 

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »

I live in Tucson and we ride year round!! I think that is why I moved here because off the great weather. It does get hot in the summer but like what was said we ride up Mt Lemon here in Tucson or we head up to the White Mts up north. It is a Great Tradeoff to the freezing weather/snow that I used to deal with. 8) 8)
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:39:54 AM »

8)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:51:19 AM »

Friscoraydogg,

One of my favorite events of the year is AZ Bike Week, first week of April.  Worth checking out.  http://azbikeweek.com/   The riding North and East of Phoenix is fabulous.  It's so dry your bike may get dusty but no moisture like here in Santa Monica so it actually stays cleaner.  By June, the temp is significantly over 110 during the day and it's like riding in a convection oven during the day.  Temps dip way down to 100 at night, though.  Much better to leave early a.m. and head north like IROAR mentioned.  About 12 miles up Scottsdale Road is an area called Cave Creek with several great places.  The Hideaway  http://www.hideaway-usa.com/pages/indexcc_1.html   is a great place and on Sunday afternoon, it's quite the scene.  I think the site IROAR meant to give you is   http://www.cyclerides.com/   He was only off by one letter.  That site will give you almost all you need to know.  Great list of rides with directions, maps and photos.  Don't miss Tortilla Flats or the museum at Buddy Stubbs HD.  If you're there for Bike Week, let me know!!

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »

Friscoraydogg,

I think the site IROAR meant to give you is   http://www.cyclerides.com/   He was only off by one letter.  That site will give you almost all you need to know.  Great list of rides with directions, maps and photos.

GK

oops sorry he is correct!
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.