Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is "normal" 110B operating temperature range?  (Read 1367 times)

Cyphers

• '08 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: '08 FXSTSSE2 (Springer)
What is "normal" 110B operating temperature range?
« on: October 02, 2007, 04:39:36 PM »

Hello all, I've been lurking awhile as I've been enjoying my 08 FXSTSSE2 for about 6 weeks now.  At about 1000 miles, I swapped the dipstick for an analog temperature dial dipstick recently, and oil temp is at about 220 on a mild weather day, freeway cruising.  It will most certainly be higher when Southern California summer weather rolls around next year, or if I get brave enough to commute. I'm a newbie to Harley's and need some feedback from you veteran riders: What operating temperature range is normal (i.e. nothing to worry about) for the 110B?  Also, has anyone tried an oiler cooler?

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: What is "normal" 110B operating temperature range?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 04:55:34 PM »

Welcome to the site,  you may want to go to the new member introduction and interduce your self.  As for your question, I've been told the normal operating temp of the 110in motor is around 230 degrees.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »

Hello all, I've been lurking awhile as I've been enjoying my 08 FXSTSSE2 for about 6 weeks now.  At about 1000 miles, I swapped the dipstick for an analog temperature dial dipstick recently, and oil temp is at about 220 on a mild weather day, freeway cruising.  It will most certainly be higher when Southern California summer weather rolls around next year, or if I get brave enough to commute. I'm a newbie to Harley's and need some feedback from you veteran riders: What operating temperature range is normal (i.e. nothing to worry about) for the 110B?  Also, has anyone tried an oiler cooler?

Temps up to 240 +or- 5 degrees are not unusual to see, depending on air temp, riding conditions, etc.  I would not be concerned with temps up to 240, but they should not consistantly be there...you will almost always see the highest temps in stop and go traffic in hot weather.  If you use a high quality synthetic oil, such as Amsoil or Mobil I Vtwin (NOT SYN 3), these oils easily hold up to the those oil temps. 

With regards to an oil cooler, it is my opinion that every HD they sell should have an oil cooler, regardless of model.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Cyphers

• '08 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: '08 FXSTSSE2 (Springer)
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »

Thanks for the replies and I will check out/post in the new member section.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.