Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Forward control extensions are great!  (Read 4507 times)

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
Re: Forward control extensions are great!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 08:51:29 AM »

the brake switch fits in the top hole of the supplied block pointing forward,supplied wire harness plugs between switch and factory wires and wire tie to lower frame rail, bracket for switch goes on factory exhaust bracket holes with the long end pointing rearward,on my bike with V&H pipes the supplied bracket fits over top of the exhaust bracket on the factory exhaust i would say it likely is the same. apply brake and see if brakelamp comes on,if so you got it. I also would make sure that the rear caliper brake hose is secured to the retainer properly to the inside of the swingarm area using the factory metal tang and the plastic push retainer and ensure proper clearance from the rear tire. hope this helps
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

krank

• CVO1: 2008 screaming eagle springer
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »

THANKS FOR RESPONSE COBRA, ONCE I REALIZED THERE IS REALLY ONLY ONE WAY IT COULD GO ON IT CAME TOGETHER BUT INSTALLING THE SCREW FOR THE SWITCH HOUSING MAY BE THE HARDEST PART.I'M 5'10 AT BEST AND NOT ONLY DO THESE LOOK GOOD BUT THEY ARE ALMOST LIKE HAVING HIGHWAY PEGS,REALLY COMFORTABLE. NOW I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICTURES.

bossman

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Autumn Haze & High Octane Orange
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Copper & Black Onyx
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 06:44:27 PM »

Has anybody tried using the Kuryakyn offset peg mounts or extensions for a little more leg room ?

the barber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »

Can anyone provide a picture of you on the bike , so we could see the difference in riding position?

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 11:29:09 PM »

I just got a new HD Tallboy seat that lifts you up 2 and back 3 inches.This along with the HD 3 inch extended forward controls and Wild 1 510 bars(stock risers) has transformed the bike to fit me perfectly.I'll post some pics when I get back from vacation.

rainierexpress

• Wherever you go, there you are

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Softail Springer
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »

I'm 6'3" and have ordered the Ness extenders. Sounds like they are pretty good from what I see on this board. Has anyone tried the HD version? They are chromed, but they cost about 3x as much as the Ness, so I can't justify that. The 3" extension should help get my kness down a bit.
2008 CVO Softail Springer
Anniversary Colors
Vance and Hines Big Radius 2-2
ThunderMax with Autotune
Blenn-Air Oil Cooler
Ness 3" Forward Control Extension
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.