Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: accessories for 2007 cvo springer  (Read 6696 times)

AZSSE

accessories for 2007 cvo springer
« on: August 25, 2008, 01:03:43 AM »

I have a 2007 springer in the blue. I had a couple of ideas of changing things up a little. I'm thinking about putting the Willie G. skull collection of foot pegs and shifter/brake pegs. Also the headlight cover on the 07 isn't offered in anything except chrome, unlike the 08, which has the headlight cover the same as the bike colors. I an probably find a custom paint shop to do that for me. Also I have the detachable sissy bar with the stock seat, and I see a lot of pictures with sissy bars that seem to have a luggage rack attached to the back of them. Does anyone know the name of the manufacturer of these? The only other thing I was looking at was the mustang seat -wide regal, but if it will even fit, I don't know if I would like the looks of it on this bike.
What do you all think, and do you have any more suggestions?
Thanks!!!.

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
Re: accessories for 2007 cvo springer
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »

I wouldn't do any of those things.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 10:06:40 AM »

The luggage rack on the back of the HD detachable sissy bar is a HD part that mounts on to it. You should get a a free accessories and motor parts catalogue at the dealer, but be warned: picking this up can be harmful to your wallet.

StrahDawg

• 2007 Screamin' Eagle Springer
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 10:52:48 AM »

I'm kind of with air-cooled on this one. The bike comes with the centerline collection already which I think looks great other than the mirror's and the standard horn cover. The 08's have the new horn cover or the kuryakin one looks cool. I guess if you want to dress it up a little I would add some more chrome covers trans, eng. shroud, inner primary etc. Ofcourse assuming you've done the exhaust and ac already.

2007 Screamin' Eagle Springer
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner
Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust
S&S Single Bore Tuned Intake
Kuryakin Lizard Lights
A Few Chrome Do-Dad's Here & There!

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 04:50:30 PM »

I changed the horn cover to the HD smooth round cover (to match the air cleaner cover), with an HD Logo insert on it.
also, installed the "Screamin' Eagle" shift linkage, braided steel plug wires and changed the belt guard to the HD "Shortee" chrome belt gaurd.

I wanted a detachable sissybar, but I don't like the turn signal relocation kits, looks ugly.
so I installed the softail custom sissybar with a small backrest pad, it's not removable but looks a hell of a lot better than the usual ugly HD sissybar sideplates and sissybars...... :pepper:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:56:52 PM by Deuce Bigelow »
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »

another view.......

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »

Deuce,

I like your choice of sissy bar, and I'll be getting one eventually. I wish Harley would make a pad that looked like it was made for that bar.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »

Deuce,

What type of braided plug wires did you buy and are you happy with them? My service manager recommended against them (I assume it is because HD doesn't make them) but I like the look.

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 12:55:25 PM »

Deuce,

I like your choice of sissy bar, and I'll be getting one eventually. I wish Harley would make a pad that looked like it was made for that bar.

that is a harley backrest pad that's made for that sissy bar... :2vrolijk_21:

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »

Deuce,

What type of braided plug wires did you buy and are you happy with them? My service manager recommended against them (I assume it is because HD doesn't make them) but I like the look.

HMMmmmmm.............
I forget what brand they are, but they are 8mm SS braided wires.
Don't know why your service manager reccomended against them. they work as good as the crappy factory ones....

and we all know that vehicle manufacturers "always" use the best quality, most expensive materials they can find when they build mass production vehicles. :'( and they would NEVER buy from the lowest bidder......  or did I get that backwards????:D

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 08:14:19 PM »

that is a harley backrest pad that's made for that sissy bar... :2vrolijk_21:

They need to rethink that design on the pad.

Tommy2Tall

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 09:15:23 PM »

Personally I would say do what ever you want.  It's your bike.  I personally did a whole bunch of aesthetic stuff and I get so many people asking about my bike both riders and just people on the street.

Here is the link to my post: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=23644.0
2007 CV0 Amarillo Gold and Candy Tangerine Springer
2000 Burgundy Heritage Softail Springer
1996 Black and Silver Sportster 1200C

springervett

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Springer 105th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic 110th Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 04:11:12 PM »

I just bought the Harley front/chin spoiler. Harley does not color match it in my color (Anniversary copper/black), so I am having a custom shop paint it for me to match the tank. As soon as it is done I'll post some pictures. Inner primary cover is on order. Installed chrome switch covers, rocker box bolt covers, spark plug/head bolt covers, and various other bolt covers. Also plan on adding the chrome swing arm and chrome rear fender extention. Lot's or $$$ but what the hell.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 12:26:43 PM »

Harley front/chin spoiler. Harley does not color match it in my color (Anniversary copper/black), so I am having a custom shop paint it for me to match the tank. As soon as it is done I'll post some pictures.

I`m looking 4ward 2 c da pics?

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 04:17:38 PM »

Did anyone get rid of those cheap bolt & nut covers that are imo also a royal pain in the neck for the wrench to work on this bike ? I'd like to bin them all and have real chrome covered ones or steel ones installed (would consider titanium too but the colors don't really match )
Canned the front- & rear calipers too - replaced by PM job - especially on the 21' part it looks pretty nice if I may say so . :carrot:
Replaced the front light by Kuryakin stretched one - need to have it painted too as it causes too much glare riding on a sunny day out. Everything else is acceptable on this bike of course but I like it lean and clean and have only "replaced" and not much added to be honest . Hardly a bike suitable for extreme distances anyhow I'd refrain from sissybars and luggageracks ...but than again - as long as you don't mount a crashbar or a passing-light rack on this beautie I forgive you .... :orange:

A_R

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.