Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Another SSE3 In The Club  (Read 6180 times)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Another SSE3 In The Club
« on: October 19, 2008, 07:11:03 PM »

New scoot was delivered last night and just in time for some break in riding in great weather.  70's and bright blue with little or no traffic in the mountains.  Been "springerless" for the last couple of years and couldn't pass this one a couple  of weeks ago. After riding for about 200 miles can't say enough about the '09 chassis changes and the strength of the 110 with a few mods and exhaust.  Great bike....

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

Re: Another SSE3 In The Club
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »

Another.....

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »

Looking good Brian!

Explain those "few mods" so us fellow 110 owners can give them a whirl!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 07:29:27 PM »

Looking good Brian!

Explain those "few mods" so us fellow 110 owners can give them a whirl!

:2vrolijk_21:

OH, just some Screamin' Eagle plugs and some other little stuff laying around the parts room ......  Maybe I just got lucky and got a good one as it sure seems to run strong....

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 07:29:49 PM »

Brian, how do you like those Reinhart crossbacks?  They look great, how's the performance?
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

MikeD

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 08:00:30 PM »

Congrats!  Sweet ride!

StrahDawg

• 2007 Screamin' Eagle Springer
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 11:26:15 PM »

Nice lookin ride congrats! :2vrolijk_21:

2007 Screamin' Eagle Springer
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner
Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust
S&S Single Bore Tuned Intake
Kuryakin Lizard Lights
A Few Chrome Do-Dad's Here & There!

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »

Brian, how do you like those Reinhart crossbacks?  They look great, how's the performance?

Pete.....I like the Crossbacks.  I had intended to use the D&D Borzilla system, but when they came in at my son's dealership they were not the right fit for this bike, although they were supposed to have been designed for the '09 CVO Springer and also fit the Rocker with the new style oil bag.  At this point they just haven't got it right yet.  Fortunately, the Rinehart's, specifically designed for this model arrived for inventory the same day and after laying them up on the bike, I liked the look much better.  (Probably a result of being a big Rinehart fan and having used 20 odd of their systems over the years.)

At this point, I think the performance will at least equal the D & D's.  I'll know much more after I get the initial break in out of the way, get rid of the Syn 3 in all holes and get it to my dyno buddy.  Currently, it's running off a SERT with a composite map obtained from the dyno runs on several similar engine builds.  On those builds, the numbers were exceptionally strong with Rinehart Crossbacks running with the performance baffle out.  Will be anxious to see if we can beat the old numbers.  From a driving standpoint it's exactly what I hoped to accomplish.  All in all, I think the 110's like the crossbacks with most of the backpressure built into the header.  Runs very cool and no painfull right cheek.....

AZSSE

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 10:04:10 AM »

I have an 07 in the blue - maybe someday I'll upgrade to an 09. great looking bike!!!

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 11:00:15 AM »

i 2 am most   agreeable with the looks of the rinehart`s, good stroke of luck there i think.
Great choice  of ride, greetz from switzerland

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »

Nice bike Brain...congratulations  :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »

New scoot was delivered last night and just in time for some break in riding in great weather.  70's and bright blue with little or no traffic in the mountains.  Been "springerless" for the last couple of years and couldn't pass this one a couple  of weeks ago. After riding for about 200 miles can't say enough about the '09 chassis changes and the strength of the 110 with a few mods and exhaust.  Great bike....

Have looked extensively at the chassis/frame changes for the 09 touring bikes.  What changed for the Softails or more particularly just the Springers?

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 02:26:34 PM »

Have looked extensively at the chassis/frame changes for the 09 touring bikes.  What changed for the Softails or more particularly just the Springers?

Don....I don't know what all has changed for the entire Softail line, but can comment on the CVO Springers.  Biggest change in my estimation is the combination of giving up the skinny front wheel/tire and going with a 130/18 and increasing the rear to a 240/18, a wider and much more stable swing arm and adjustable dual shocks.  Compared to the older springers I've owned the '09 works the front shock less and the springs more.  I don't know for certain as I have not had the assembly off, but can't help but think that the spring rebound is considerable stiffer.  I do know that the front end pins the front wheel much more to the road and does not have the old springer drift.  I've ridden an '08 CVO Springer a great deal and could really notice the difference with the wider rear tire over the older models.  In my opinion, the '09 has helped the the ride-ability even more with the extra width in the back.  I'm sure this will start a chitstorm, but the actual ride of the bike is far superior to my SEEG.  The handling, as expected is much better.

Hope this somewhat answers your question.  A better answer would be for you to get your butt over here, discuss the matter over several brewski's and ride it in the mountains. :2vrolijk_21:

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »

Don....I don't know what all has changed for the entire Softail line, but can comment on the CVO Springers.  Biggest change in my estimation is the combination of giving up the skinny front wheel/tire and going with a 130/18 and increasing the rear to a 240/18, a wider and much more stable swing arm and adjustable dual shocks.  Compared to the older springers I've owned the '09 works the front shock less and the springs more.  I don't know for certain as I have not had the assembly off, but can't help but think that the spring rebound is considerable stiffer.  I do know that the front end pins the front wheel much more to the road and does not have the old springer drift.  I've ridden an '08 CVO Springer a great deal and could really notice the difference with the wider rear tire over the older models.  In my opinion, the '09 has helped the the ride-ability even more with the extra width in the back.  I'm sure this will start a chitstorm, but the actual ride of the bike is far superior to my SEEG.  The handling, as expected is much better.

Hope this somewhat answers your question.  A better answer would be for you to get your butt over here, discuss the matter over several brewski's and ride it in the mountains. :2vrolijk_21:

I believe it's just the FXSTSSE3 that affected, but the main change to accomodate that 240 rear tire is the wider rocker frame and swingarm.
no other '09 softails have the "rocker" oil tank or a wider rear tire than last years model.
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 02:53:06 PM »

I was inclined to trade my '07 in to an '09 but was unsure / unhappy about the 240 rear works - I'm a twisties man and can hardly fathom a 240 tire being easier to get around the bend that the 200 - but I buy-in to your experience ofcourse ...

Rik
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.