Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Springer Front End Maintenance  (Read 3264 times)

JCarr1

• CVO1: Now - FXSTSSE3
    • CVO2: Gone - FLSTFSE2
Springer Front End Maintenance
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »

Has anybody chose to learn the proper way to perform the front end rocker and headset maintenance on the FXSTSSE3? I have a relatively mechanically inclined background and think I could handle it if I had good direction or access to an actual HD Service Manual. Anybody know where these may be available?

Any suggestions - Pros / Cons?

Thanks - Jared

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
Re: Springer Front End Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:50:09 PM »

Anybody know where these may be available?

I'm sure there may be more than one source, but the service manuals can be ordered from your dealer.  You will need the 2009 service manual for soft tail models (Part # 99482-09) and the FXSTSSE3 Model 2009 H-D Service Manual Supplement (Part # 99494-09).  They both cost about the same amount, and the supplement is about 1/4 the size of the main service manual.  However, without the supplement, you'll be missing information regarding the nuances of the CVO, and without the main manual, the information the supplement refers to.

I saw another thread on here regarding service manuals in PDF form that covered up to 2009.  Didn't check to see if it carried those two, but may be worth a min. to do a search and see.

Good luck on this project.
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.