Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXSTSSE3 2009  (Read 3024 times)

andreaswolter

• Street Glide CVO
FXSTSSE3 2009
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:49:03 AM »

Hi all. I'm currently in search of blue on a FXSTSSE3.
Can I describe a driver please FXSTSSE its experience of the machine? Gibts considered something special. How can the press go on long journeys. What is the seating position.
I would be delighted I was to hear from you

Thanks Schwälmer

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
Re: FXSTSSE3 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:26:41 AM »

You may wish to re phrase your questions, it is very difficult to understand what you are asking. :-\

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:18:03 AM »

Hi all. I'm currently in search of blue on a FXSTSSE3.
Can I describe a driver please FXSTSSE its experience of the machine? Gibts considered something special. How can the press go on long journeys. What is the seating position.
I would be delighted I was to hear from you

Thanks Schwälmer

My guess at the questions:

He's considering the purchase of a blue SE Springer.

He's asking those who own or have ridden one for their riding impressions of the bike.

He wants to know what it's like to ride the bike on extended trips.

"Gibts considered something special.". This one, I got no clue. Perhaps Kraut can help.

andreaswolter

• Street Glide CVO
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »

Hello from Kraut ;-)))
Sorry from my bad english !!!!
Google translator is not good

Yes I search for experience of FXSTSSE3  riders.
Maybe someone can help me.
What are the experiences of long strips of more to 200 miles
What should I consider when buying a 2009

greats andreas ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:28:19 AM by andreaswolter »

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »

How in shape are you?  That's really going to dictact how comfortable the bike is for you on long rides.  Personally, I'm young and in pretty good shape and rather enjoy the comfort of the bike on long rides.  300 mile days are not a problem with the stock seat.  Even with the wide rear tire, the handling is surprisingly good.

However, the springer fork has a bit more travel than the hydraulic forks and can create a bit more vibration on uneven surfaces.  If you are looking for a bike that you use mostly for longer trips, it may not be the best option.  If you're looking for a bike that you cruise around on and occasionally throw bags and a windshield on for long trips, you won't be dissappointed.  

The thrill of riding this bike and all the looks you'll get at gas stations and stop lights clearly makes up for a few minor comfort issues.   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:05:12 PM by Wild Card »

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »

How in shape are you?  That's really going to dictact how comfortable the bike is for you on long rides.  Personally, I'm young and in pretty good shape and rather enjoy the comfort of the bike on long rides.  300 mile days are not a problem with the stock seat.  Even with the wide rear tire, the handling is surprisingly good.

However, the springer fork has a bit more travel than the hydraulic forks and can create a bit more vibration on uneven surfaces.  If you are looking for a bike that you use mostly for longer trips, it may not be the best option.  If you're looking for a bike that you cruise around on and occasionally through bags and a windshield on for long trips, you won't be dissappointed. 

The thrill of riding this bike and all the looks you'll get at gas stations and stop lights clearly makes up for a few minor comfort issues.   :2vrolijk_21:

I have a 07 Fxstsse, I totally agree with the above post!  I love mine!  I like the hard seat, I can sit on it and ride all day long, just stopping for gas, drink and snack breaks!

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »

How in shape are you?  That's really going to dictact how comfortable the bike is for you on long rides.  Personally, I'm young and in pretty good shape and rather enjoy the comfort of the bike on long rides.  300 mile days are not a problem with the stock seat.  Even with the wide rear tire, the handling is surprisingly good.

However, the springer fork has a bit more travel than the hydraulic forks and can create a bit more vibration on uneven surfaces.  If you are looking for a bike that you use mostly for longer trips, it may not be the best option.  If you're looking for a bike that you cruise around on and occasionally throw bags and a windshield on for long trips, you won't be dissappointed.  

The thrill of riding this bike and all the looks you'll get at gas stations and stop lights clearly makes up for a few minor comfort issues.   :2vrolijk_21:
Could not have said it better, i have a 2008 & 2009.  :2vrolijk_21:

Screamin Eagle Carl

• Livin' Large with Loud Pipes
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Harley Davidson FXSTSSE2 CVO Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »

I have a FXSTSSE2 and I have riden it on a few long trips. I am 6'3 inches tall and I find the bike is a bit small on a long ride. I am too big for a 1975 Cadillac too! My legs get a bit sore (maybe I am too tense on the ride). The seat is a bit hard but I don't mind it. I love the look of the bike and would not change it other than the pipes that were modified in V&H 2 into 1.

It is a great bike! A great looker and a great rider! Even for us tall guys.

Having said all this, Orange is the fastest colour!
2008 Harley Davidson FXSTSSE2 CVO Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
Livin' Large

Screamin Eagle Carl

• Livin' Large with Loud Pipes
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Harley Davidson FXSTSSE2 CVO Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »

Found this on youtube Schwälmer:

2008 Harley Davidson FXSTSSE2 CVO Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
Livin' Large

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.