Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sissy Bar Width for 240mm Tire??  (Read 2773 times)

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
Sissy Bar Width for 240mm Tire??
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »

Need to get a sissy bar for the new bike, could order from the dealer but would prefer not to (though I do need to order the red/brown leather pad)- does anyone that has an 09 springer and a sissy bar know the width that I need for the 240mm tire?  My sideplates are good from my 07 springer, but obviously the sissy bar isn't wide enough since the 07 had a 200mm tire.  Thanks for any info.

rockinred

Re: Sissy Bar Width for 240mm Tire??
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:59:34 PM »

Harley only makes the one you are talking about for my 09 Springer and the CVO Breakout.  I don't know the width yet, but really you are not going to be able to find a matching one without having someone fabricate one.   I found an expensive sissy bar and when I called them they have the specs to fabricate for our set up. Just tell them it is the same as the 09 Springer FXSTSEE3..... Google Ginz Choppers.  They will customize you one and you can have what you want on it.  Basically you get the HD docking hardware and then the side mount plates that attach to that are on their website and then you pick a sissy bar style and height that you want.  The website is a little cumbersome, but there are some good add ons you can do to customize your sissy bar.  I liked the bar hopper personally.  I have not ordered mine yet, because they are damn expensive.  They take at least 4 weeks to make, I do think I will be happy once I order.  Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
Need to Know the Width For 240mm Sissy Bar
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »

Found a wide tire sissy bar online for sale and shows the width as a little over 12 inches- those of you that have a 240mm wide tire sissy bar could you let me know how wide it actually is-thanks.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.