Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS  (Read 33361 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2019, 02:22:55 PM »

Say it ain't so.... :nervous:

It ain't so.

But the 2020 Infotaintment Center will be changed to display just the ambient fairing temperature.  In Celsius only.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2019, 04:07:28 PM »

I did hear a rumor that the revolution engine may be making a comeback.... came from a dealer.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2019, 04:31:47 PM »

It ain't so.

But the 2020 Infotaintment Center will be changed to display just the ambient fairing temperature.  In Celsius only.

Not (completely true).  If you left thumb click (twice) followed by a right thumb press up once then a right thumb down followed by both thumbs pressing in (simultaneously) for 2.5 seconds (+/- .25 sec) this will deploy the (analog) rain gauge from the left side of the inner fairing.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2019, 05:18:40 PM »

Not (completely true).  If you left thumb click (twice) followed by a right thumb press up once then a right thumb down followed by both thumbs pressing in (simultaneously) for 2.5 seconds (+/- .25 sec) this will deploy the (analog) rain gauge from the left side of the inner fairing.

Yeah. Unless you have the bug splatter detector/counter activated, then this sequence will count the number of bug splatters by color & size..

ultrarider123

« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »

Ok, you two just got WAY too much spare time on your hands... ;D :bananarock: :drink: :huepfenlol2: :nervous: :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2019, 06:10:36 PM »

Yeah. Unless you have the bug splatter detector/counter activated, then this sequence will count the number of bug splatters by color & size..

I thought the color option was a Screamin Eagle accessory :nixweiss: ?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2019, 11:08:40 PM »

Ok, you two just got WAY too much spare time on your hands...

Figured no one would have time to notice.   8)

I thought the color option was a Screamin Eagle accessory :nixweiss: ?

Yes.  Regular bikes it's in black & white. 

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 07:04:58 AM by iski »

marko61

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2019, 06:01:50 AM »

Looking to 2020, i hope Harley comes out with a new touring line that excites like Chevrolet did with the 2020 Corvette.

I think this says it all

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

damn  it's a ferrari....!!!!   :P

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2019, 08:15:07 AM »

damn  it's a ferrari....!!!!   
Chevrolet's Corvette staff hit the 2020 model out of the ballpark. They designed a Corvette that competes with the worlds best yet will be much less expensive to maintain, looks fantastic, comfortable, quality materials, on and on. Buyers are standing in line. Actually priced below what anyone expected, a true sports car value, even bargain.

This is exactly what Harley needs to do with the touring line. Design and build a world beater with trademark Harley paint and chrome. Beautiful yet powerful, 150hp min. Offer the bikes like automakers offer cars. Start with base packages then offer the expensive electrical features as options. Customers should be able to build the bike they want from the factory.

This is what Harley needs to do if they wish to ignite sales. You can only stay in business so long selling products that don't compete. Ask GM back in the 70's. They thought buyers would buy GM regardless of the Japanese car competition. Currently Harley is behaving like GM in the 70's. Hopefully this changes real soon!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2019, 08:37:47 AM »

Well said Scott

Chevrolet's Corvette staff hit the 2020 model out of the ballpark. They designed a Corvette that competes with the worlds best yet will be much less expensive to maintain, looks fantastic, comfortable, quality materials, on and on. Buyers are standing in line. Actually priced below what anyone expected, a true sports car value, even bargain.

This is exactly what Harley needs to do with the touring line. Design and build a world beater with trademark Harley paint and chrome. Beautiful yet powerful, 150hp min. Offer the bikes like automakers offer cars. Start with base packages then offer the expensive electrical features as options. Customers should be able to build the bike they want from the factory.

This is what Harley needs to do if they wish to ignite sales. You can only stay in business so long selling products that don't compete. Ask GM back in the 70's. They thought buyers would buy GM regardless of the Japanese car competition. Currently Harley is behaving like GM in the 70's. Hopefully this changes real soon!

mark

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »

I think what you're describing is a BMW K1600B...

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2019, 09:41:09 AM »

I think what you're describing is a BMW K1600B...
Bingo! I know, i bought one. It's a fantastic motorcycle.

That said, as a 28 year Harley owner I'd love seeing the motor company offer a competitive motorcycle.

BMW pays it's employees more, doesn't use parts from China, must ship from Germany. One of the biggest cost issues I'm aware of is dealer margin. BMW provides smaller dealer margins, thus, they have fewer dealers and more moderate facilities.  There is no reason Harley cannot compete if they really wanted to, hopefully they will.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2019, 01:41:25 PM »

Interesting fact here, corvettes that has a 4.125 piston is the same as in the HD 117 kit for the twin-cam. Or at the least the ring-pack is identical. Learned this from a mahle rep not long ago, anyone got there hands on a late model piston from a corvette?

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2019, 06:52:13 AM »

Interesting fact here, corvettes that has a 4.125 piston is the same as in the HD 117 kit for the twin-cam. Or at the least the ring-pack is identical. Learned this from a mahle rep not long ago, anyone got there hands on a late model piston from a corvette?

And cost about the same to get eight of them instead of two for the bike.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »

And cost about the same to get eight of them instead of two for the bike.
I don't care who you are, that right there is funny!

BigLew
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.