Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hoppe Lower Fairing Vents  (Read 5838 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Hoppe Lower Fairing Vents
« on: December 27, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »

Anyone have any experience with the subject vents retrofit into non vented lowers?  Do they work as well as the HD vented lowers?
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Hoppe Lower Fairing Vents
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »

Are you suggesting that the HD vented lowers work well? :nixweiss:

I've never had the Hoppe but I had the eGlide Goodies vents in my 04 SEEG.  I thought they worked better than the HD vented lowers but who knows for sure?   The Hoppe vents sure look nicer, if it's the vents I'm thinking of. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »

Are you suggesting that the HD vented lowers work well? :nixweiss:

I've never had the Hoppe but I had the eGlide Goodies vents in my 04 SEEG.  I thought they worked better than the HD vented lowers but who knows for sure?   The Hoppe vents sure look nicer, if it's the vents I'm thinking of. :2vrolijk_21:

I don't know either JC, I've got my stock SEEG fairings and was contemplating adding vents so I could use them year round, but hesitate to cut up the OEMs so thought I'd pick up some later model pieces and paint to match.  They're not cheap either, so I'm back to modifying the SEEG fairings again.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »

I never took the leg fairings off of my SEEG....rode it six summers that way (in the triple digits).  But I did have the eGlide Goodies vents.

Just googled Hoope Ind. vents....they're not the vents I was thinking...   
http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id160.html

I don't even see the vents that I bought from them on their web site anymore. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 07:54:30 PM »

The eglidegoodies vents they sell today are the Hoppe vents.  Curious to know what vents you used.  Any old pics you can post?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »

I actually put together a group buy back in Feb. 04 for the eGlide Goodies vents.  I'm sure there are pictures of my old SEEG on this forum somewhere.....maybe somebody else that got the vents that still have their SEEG will see this.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=825.0

I did a couple of searchs.....can't find any pics of them.  They were kind of similar to Hoppee but chrome.

West Coast GTG   

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »

Thanks for the info, I believe the ones you had were the ultra vents LV-3 and are still available from eglidegoodies as well as the Hoppe vents I described.  Anyway, something to ponder, but glad you had positive experience with them.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »

Anyone have any experience with the subject vents retrofit into non vented lowers?  Do they work as well as the HD vented lowers?

Pete,

Check with GettingOld, I believe he used these or something similiar on his 04 pumpkin.  You may have to remind him though a few times he is getting old ya know.   :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 05:06:52 AM »

Pete,

Check with GettingOld, I believe he used these or something similiar on his 04 pumpkin.  You may have to remind him though a few times he is getting old ya know.   :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:
Thanks numnuts!
Pete I installed these on my 04 SEEG and rarely used them! In the summer down here I'd just remove the lowers. In the few cool months I used them but didn't think they were worth the effort of installing them. Hope this helps with your decision!   :pumpkin:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 06:57:46 AM »

Thanks Dave.  Pulled mine off when I bought the bike six years ago and really don't know why I want to put them back on now except I must be gettin' old.  Anyway, keeping them in storage (like Dood's tour pack hinges) as warmer weather will be here sooner than later!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 07:52:44 AM »

Thanks Dave.  Pulled mine off when I bought the bike six years ago and really don't know why I want to put them back on now except I must be gettin' old.  Anyway, keeping them in storage (like Dood's tour pack hinges) as warmer weather will be here sooner than later!
As fast as you ride Pete, you need the lowers on for aerodynamics.  :o har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »

As fast as you ride Pete, you need the lowers on for aerodynamics.  :o har.  :drink: spyder

I think they slow me down!  Ole' Hub doesn't hav'em so can't increase the drag.  Besides you need to use your legs as rudders to correct for high speed wobble! :-)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »

Picking on D00D out of the blue    priceless.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 11:05:40 AM »

I think they slow me down!  Ole' Hub doesn't hav'em so can't increase the drag.  Besides you need to use your legs as rudders to correct for high speed wobble! :-)
Good points.  Shoulda known a 'HBRR' would have thought this thru long ago.  Duh!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hogasm

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »

Sunday :apple: :apple: :apple: 65degrees :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.