Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Recent improvements  (Read 124738 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Recent improvements
« Reply #405 on: July 22, 2011, 10:27:10 PM »

Was thinking about some custom work to mine also this fender shows promise.

Actually Cobb, you're not far off. Spent some time today poking around the rear fender. A little lateral force, a very mild bend of the fender under the chrome fender struts and the rubbing is gone. Going to try a few shorter rides this weekend and see if anything rubs. This is the tire that came stock on the WG3. i had thought it was a 140 but found a copy of the WG3 brochure and it said it was a 150. I'll pet a 5 or 600  hundred miles on it before the trip out west so should have a pretty good read by then.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »

Actually Cobb, you're not far off. Spent some time today poking around the rear fender. A little lateral force, a very mild bend of the fender under the chrome fender struts and the rubbing is gone. Going to try a few shorter rides this weekend and see if anything rubs. This is the tire that came stock on the WG3. i had thought it was a 140 but found a copy of the WG3 brochure and it said it was a 150. I'll pet a 5 or 600  hundred miles on it before the trip out west so should have a pretty good read by then.
Just be careful and remember how much that tire can 'grow' as you ride it.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2011, 11:11:16 PM »

Just be careful and remember how much that tire can 'grow' as you ride it.  spyder

that's a fair question sypdglide, how much does a tire grow when ridden? How much clearance around the tire would be considered a safe minimum? Any engineers out there?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2011, 11:30:09 PM »

If I remember correctly, it grows more in height towards the fender top than the sides.  Maybe someone that knows about this stuff will chirp in here....I've seen fenders ruined due to tires rubbing and heating up the paint....but, theoretically, it could do worse than ruin your pretty fender..... :nervous:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2011, 11:50:18 PM »

I am going to start with a 30 pack and see where it goes
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #410 on: August 27, 2011, 08:46:23 PM »

Not necessarily an improvement but certainly a milestone for this bike. Just completed a 3,000 mile, 10 day trip to the Rally, Bighorns, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson Hole, Steamboat Springs, Rocky Mountain National Park, and home. Fantastic ride! Unbelievable scenery and all from the top of a bar-hopper. Didn't see one other red Switchblade at Sturgis this year. Only saw one other the entire trip, sitting on a dealers' floor in central Iowa. Bike had less than 3K miles on it. It is such a shame that so many of these bikes are sitting in garages not being ridden. They are 10 years old and I still see them on ebay and Chopper Exchange with less than 5K miles. This is probably the bike most frequently sold as a "collectors item" to unsuspecting buyers caught up with the flash of red and gold. Too bad they will never see a return on that investment. Saw one a few weeks ago with less than 3K miles go for $11K.

On the other hand, The Beast has been improved, ridden, improved, and ridden again. He's been to 4 Rally's, one CVO gathering, 14 states, up into Canada, and has provided more smiles per mile that any rig I have ever owned.

Here's to the next 30K!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:29:35 PM by Buy early »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2011, 08:56:53 PM »

Congrats!!!! Wishing you many more miles of smiles!!! :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »

Congratulations! !  Reminds me of Tim McGraw's song, "My Next Thirty Years."

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #413 on: August 27, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »

One of my favorite shots from the recent trip. This moment came after riding 450 miles from Steamboat Springs through Rocky Mountain National Park, through Estes Park, and all the way to North Platte, NE. Temps were 50 degrees in the morning and topped out at 105 in western NE so it was quite a day. Went from a high of 12,183 feet in RNMP to 2,700 feet in Nebraska. Got good gas mileage on that leg.

We got in to our hotel about 8:30 that night and, as soon as we turned into the parking lot, I spotted the Wiener Mobile. I just started to laugh out loud. It was a bit of a Divine Appointment since I don't believe in coincidences.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:00:34 PM by Buy early »

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #414 on: August 27, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »

Very nice.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #415 on: December 28, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »

Very nice.

Thanks! It's sitting under a cover in the garage for the winter.

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2012, 11:17:18 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

Glare

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #417 on: February 06, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »

;D
Try reflecting your hand off the painted surface. You will see very pore in your skin. Wax cannot do that. Remember Wax melts in the sun. If you look through wax paper not very clear, saran wrap same clearer than wax paper but not as clear as glass. Take that bike in the Sun. 

There is a big difference in a Glared Harley and Waxed or polymered Harley. Also remember do not put wax over the Glare, and make sure that you washed your bike with a degreasing detergent to get off all of wax before applying Glare.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #418 on: February 09, 2012, 10:44:59 AM »

;D
Try reflecting your hand off the painted surface. You will see very pore in your skin. Wax cannot do that. Remember Wax melts in the sun. If you look through wax paper not very clear, saran wrap same clearer than wax paper but not as clear as glass. Take that bike in the Sun. 

There is a big difference in a Glared Harley and Waxed or polymered Harley. Also remember do not put wax over the Glare, and make sure that you washed your bike with a degreasing detergent to get off all of wax before applying Glare.

Thanks for the tips! I'll do a good clean up and reapply the Glare products when the temp in the garage gets above 50 degrees. Then the Beast will be ready for its first spring ride.

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #419 on: February 09, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
Can you post a few more pictures, side on, from the top and showing the whole bike from behind.
Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 25 queries.