Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: HD's response to 110?  (Read 5662 times)

xjackx

HD's response to 110?
« on: April 21, 2008, 04:03:26 PM »

Called HD customer service today to inquire about the 110 fix since I have a deposit down on a 105th SECU due the first of May. I was told there is a new gasket being used that eliminates the previous problems. After indicating I have read that several of the motors repaired with new gaskets experienced the same breakdowns within a short period of time, I was told I have to be careful about what I read. I was told that I didn't know what modifications had been made to those bikes. I said so if I leave the bike stock, I won't have any problems. The reply: that's right. See, all my concerns have been answered.        Sure!!!!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: HD's response to 110?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:09:55 PM »

Ask them if they will put that in writting with 100% money back guaranty if not 100% satisfied? :D :D :D ;D

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »

They are going to the " MODIFACATIONS" is the problem now. I heard this two weeks ago. They are out to lunch!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 07:36:34 PM »

They are going to the " MODIFACATIONS" is the problem now. I heard this two weeks ago. They are out to lunch!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Actually, they are correct.  They just forgot to mention that the "modifications" are the ones that Harley made to cheapen the crap out of the engines.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 07:39:20 PM »

Called HD customer service today to inquire about the 110 fix since I have a deposit down on a 105th SECU due the first of May. I was told there is a new gasket being used that eliminates the previous problems. After indicating I have read that several of the motors repaired with new gaskets experienced the same breakdowns within a short period of time, I was told I have to be careful about what I read. I was told that I didn't know what modifications had been made to those bikes. I said so if I leave the bike stock, I won't have any problems. The reply: that's right. See, all my concerns have been answered.        Sure!!!!

Well, next time you call them you can tell them that I, for one, have done no internal mods to my engine.  The first time the heads have been taken off since the engine was built was to replace the gaskets that failed on an UN-modified 110.  The only think I've changed is the pipes, filter and AFR...there's no way they can blame the head gasket leak on those minor modifications external to the engine.  They are so full of BS it's not even funny.  :sauer005:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »

Well, next time you call them you can tell them that I, for one, have done no internal mods to my engine.  The first time the heads have been taken off since the engine was built was to replace the gaskets that failed on an UN-modified 110.  The only think I've changed is the pipes, filter and AFR...there's no way they can blame the head gasket leak on those minor modifications external to the engine.  They are so full of BS it's not even funny.  :sauer005:

Me too - exactly - prior to my leak - only pipes, a/c and afr...   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »

Me too - exactly - prior to my leak - only pipes, a/c and afr...   :nixweiss:

Me too! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »

I think it's amazing.  If the MoCo didn't have such a bad case of rectal-cranial inversion, they'd never make a stupid comment like the motor's have been modified.   Even I know that if I had heavily modified my 110, I wouldn't have gone back to the dealership and expected warranty work on a leaking head gasket.  The MoCo must really think that we are idiots...just feed them BS, they'll always believe us because we're THE MOCO.... :-\

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »

By now figure HD customer service has a 110 answer "script" to read/relay to the concerned customer as well as potential customer.

That appears to be the source of this modifications blame commentary to me. 

Of course my oil leak may be due to the after market LED light bar I added early on.  Those LED's are little heat emitting diodes and even though they are on the tour pack, it most likely migrated.   :'( :huepfenlol2: :'(
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 08:48:40 PM »

It is the pipes guys.  New pipes are heavier.  The extra weight pulls the heads off the gaskets.  Ask Harley. 

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 08:59:17 PM »

I was given that " you don't know what mods have been done" and we are a "105 year motor company, we know what we're doing" BS too. Must be the ACME "F" The Customer Script!  :huepfenlol2:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 08:59:46 PM »

It is the pipes guys.  New pipes are heavier.  The extra weight pulls the heads off the gaskets.  Ask Harley. 

Nuh-uh.  I strongly suspect your post is not on the up & up.     :huepfenlol2:    It's the incorrect torque on the O2 sensors, isn't it? 

Heard the new head gasket's nickname is rumored to be "Icarus".  Is that a bad sign?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 09:02:22 PM »

I was given that " you don't know what mods have been done" and we are a "105 year motor company, we know what we're doing" BS too. Must be the ACME "F" The Customer Script!  :huepfenlol2:

When I hear the words "customer" & "service" & read the replies in this thread, it makes me even more cynical. 

Wiley Coyote may have tested these 110's though.   :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »

Heard the new head gasket's nickname is rumored to be "Icarus".  Is that a bad sign?

Just had a bad mental image.  Robin Williams with a head gasket on his head going "I'm melllting."

If the gaskets are Icarian all you poor schmucks riding the 110s need to start a Sisyphus club.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

Just had a bad mental image.  Robin Williams with a head gasket on his head going "I'm melllting."

If the gaskets are Icarian all you poor schmucks riding the 110s need to start a Sisyphus club.

Would Garp have bought a 110?

The original rock n roller, old Sisyphus.

I'd prefer to start a Sirens club.  Better view.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.