Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cruise control/ 2004 Electraglide CVO not working.  (Read 567 times)

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
Cruise control/ 2004 Electraglide CVO not working.
« on: May 31, 2019, 11:41:52 PM »

Hey guys. My cruise control stopped working on my 2004 Electraglide CVO. What's a good place to start looking for the fix?
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Cruise control/ 2004 Electraglide CVO not working.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 02:49:30 AM »

The switch on the throttle cable went bad on mine.  It's near the tank down low  and has two wires plugged in to it. It's releases the cruise for the throttle. Unplug one wire.  It might be it.  You can still cut the cruise off with the front or rear brakes. It might be the culprit.   Stuart.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 06:52:24 AM »

The switch on the throttle cable went bad on mine.  It's near the tank down low  and has two wires plugged in to it. It's releases the cruise for the throttle. Unplug one wire.  It might be it.  You can still cut the cruise off with the front or rear brakes. It might be the culprit.   Stuart.

Same here, I just unplugged the wires on the throttle cables and it works now.  Roll off doesn’t work but that doesn’t bother me enough to replace the cables, just slightly tap either brake and it cancels the cruise.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 07:08:14 AM »

If you're not sure where the roll-off switch is, just follow the throttle cables from the grip back until you come to a fat portion of the cable with two small diameter wires attached, located on the right side of the frame just forward of the fuel tank.  Mine, and a whole lot of others over the years, failed and I just disconnected the wires and taped them.  As the others have already noted, you can still turn the cruise off with either brake or by just turning off the cruise switch on the dash.  If you want the added redundancy of the throttle roll-off switch, you will need to buy and install a new throttle idle cable.  I never got around to it and don't plan to now.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 04:47:08 PM »

Check the front brake lever pivot. Be sure it's not making the lever stick slightly.
John

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 25 queries.