Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Understanding Blow By - Several Articles  (Read 86949 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Understanding Blow By - Several Articles
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 12:40:16 PM »

Here's a pic with some 1/4" clear tubing showing how I plan on routing it. It runs thru the barrels and along the cylinder base, and down between the inner primary and the case. You could barely see it. I wonder what it will look like when it gets coated with dark oil. Those original clear tubes that go from the breathers to the backplate are pretty ugly right now. Maybe use black hose? What about braided SS? Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 12:45:54 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

dejavo

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 09:59:11 AM »

Hoist
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I have the installation on two bikes 04 se elect & 07 road glide W 113 engine. The 04 is w doherty crank vents then the tubing as described earlier . The 07 1s just off nipples that were drilled and tapped into the extensions of the backing plate. Both are almost invisable. Yes the clear tubing does discoler after a little normal use but they are still virtually unnoticeable . The installation as I described earlier is a no-brainer (works for me) and if you decide on another direction later you have invested about $2.00 and five minutes for install.Sorry I don't have a dig camera and am also comp illiterate so I can't send pics .

REGGAB

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 12:36:59 AM »

You know, I just realized your name was Bagger. Welcome to the site man! We have a member, formally known as Bagger, who now goes by REGGAB. I never realized it wasn't him. No wonder you asked who Chuck was. Then I called you Henry. Sorry! :-[ Nice engine package you got. Must go nice. Enjoy the site! Hoist! 8)

Howie, DUDE.  That was me who asked you who da f^ck Chuck was.  I think you were thinking I was Chief or sumpthin'.  You been checked for Alzheimer's Disease lately Brother?  ;D  And you called the new Bagger, Henry?  Man you just insulted him.  I'm a troublemaker.  Not sure he wants that moniker.  ;D

And Bagger!  Dude, welcome to CVO Harley.  Very KEWL handle you have there.  Do us all a favor and post in the new members section and post a picture of your scooter so we know who you are and what you ride.  Knees in the breeze Brothers.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 10:18:08 AM »

Here's a pic with some 1/4" clear tubing showing how I plan on routing it. It runs thru the barrels and along the cylinder base, and down between the inner primary and the case. You could barely see it. I wonder what it will look like when it gets coated with dark oil. Those original clear tubes that go from the breathers to the backplate are pretty ugly right now. Maybe use black hose? What about braided SS? Hoist! 8)
Howie anymore retro engineering for your "blow by" project? john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 11:19:50 AM »

Howie anymore retro engineering for your "blow by" project? john

Hang in there John. I need the bike in order to do this. There's a chance, albeit a small one, that I'll be switching to the S&S Single Port Dual Induction System at my tune, after I get the bike back. But if I keep the DPP, I'll definitely be rerouting the breather lines beneath the bike as I showed earlier. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 03:23:14 PM »

I am running a Zipper's AC assy with external crankcase breathers.  I was using a stainless filter assy mounted behind the AC but have grown tired of cleaning it every other time I ride so oil does not accummulate, drip and blow all over my exhaust and saddle bag.  I didn't like any of the options available but think I have something that looks good and does the job.  I bought some Sterling Chromite II braided hose with their chrome connectors and made my own.  I think it looks pretty good and works great.  Here are some pics of the install.

Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2007, 03:24:27 PM »

Rear view looking forward...

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2007, 03:26:27 PM »

Left side view, cable clamp secures hose to transmission cover....

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »

Right side, forward view looking back...

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2007, 03:29:28 PM »

End of hose on left side under frame run between inner primary and engine case...

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 06:15:39 PM »

Seems to me they should be able to find a way to vent the heads and oil pan in a common vent that would let the oil collect in the pipe and harmlessly drip back into the oil tank.

:indian_chief:

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 09:44:43 PM »

Seems to me they should be able to find a way to vent the heads and oil pan in a common vent that would let the oil collect in the pipe and harmlessly drip back into the oil tank.

:indian_chief:

see raggabs bike .

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 07:39:06 AM »

see raggabs bike .

Where would I see it and what did he do?

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »

Where would I see it and what did he do?

sorry, i forgot, you cant see it because im riding it. he posted some pictures on this forum.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 12:39:11 PM »

sorry, i forgot, you cant see it because im riding it. he posted some pictures on this forum.
........."and what did he do?"........concerning the oil blow by problem   :nixweiss:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.